Business Development Director - AIS
US East Coast /
Corporate – Customer Success /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Business Development Director will work as a part of the global Sales Team and is responsible for generation of new leads, closing of new business and up-selling within the current client accounts. While often working on her/his own initiative, the role requires large degree of co-operation amongst all stakeholders involved in the sales cycle process. Some traveling will be necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of an effective understanding of the Company’s business and services, e.g.:
· Text Data generation and annotation.
· Matching Voice Data collection, transcription and annotation.
· NLP grammars creation.
· Data generation for machine learning (intent-specific utterances).
· Acoustic data collection, data annotation and tagging.
· Search annotation and mapping.
· NLP consulting.
- Promotion of Welocalize’ s competitive value and expertise in the Multilingual AI Data industry.
- Researching and analyzing industries in order to identify new business opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships.
- Working knowledge of our contact database, invoicing system, and project management software.
- Working with the Program Directors, Solutions, Enterprise Project Managers and/or Project Manager (PM) to create account plans, RFPs, SOWs, quotes and ensuring that administrative details are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Working effectively as a team with operations to exceed client expectations.
- Working in a global team defining the underlying value proposition and service offerings for your existing clients and new client targets.
- In conjunction with your manager, taking responsibility and accountability for designated clients and projects.
- Collaboration with your manager and global team to define internal and external expectations and align those to specific deliverables.
- Attending and participating in weekly department meetings.
- Identifying and resolving client concerns.
- Participation in industry conferences to network, acquire industry education, build new leads and sustain current client relationships. Generating profitable sales that meets territory objectives through meeting and/or exceeding established sales targets.
- Cultivating and building strong business relationships with key decision makers.
- Management of the complete sales cycle from prospecting through to closing.
- Prospecting via phone, e-mail and other mediums; follow-up calls, emails.
- Demonstrating and educating the value of the service to the buyer.
- Obtaining and provision of territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration.
- Accurate planning and reporting of all sales related metrics.
- Generation of a qualified pipeline for new business and existing clients.
- Completing of required sales reporting and ensures accurate 90-day, 60-day and 30-day forecast updated weekly.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Must have sales experience and able to demonstrate success in a like industry and position or similar – ideally focussed on selling Services as opposed to pure Technology sales.
- Some examples of companies where this success may have been formed could be:
- Lionbridge AI/Telus International
- Scale AI
- Nuance Communications
- Figure Eight (Dolores Lab, CrowdFlower)
- Experience within the Localization industry – especially driving preliminary discovery for customized & technical linguistic services.
- Experience within the Life Sciences vertical would be an advantage.
- Must have current experience working with a sales quota on a monthly / yearly basis.
- Must have an understanding and proven track record working with Salesforce or related CRM.
- Has track record of procuring leads on his or her own while “owning” the business.
- Has track record of finding, closing and maintaining business including new and existing accounts.
Other Required Skills:
- Experience and knowledge of the challenges around Localization and Internationalization.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others and independently in a multi-cultural atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA), or equivalent work experience.