Remote, Germany /
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The German Translator performs quality control tasks, transcreation tasks and on-demand translation tasks on assigned accounts/projects; coordinates the activities of a group of translators (internal and/or freelancers) and ensures that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level; ensures that the Language Process is being followed by the project team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing quality control tasks on assigned projects (EN > DE)
- Performing trancreation/translation/post-editing tasks (EN > DE)
- Performing other translation-related admin tasks (EN > DE)
- Managing project-related queries
- Preparing, managing and maintaining the language materials (including glossaries, Style Guides, work instruction) up to the quality standards and up to date as requested by the lead linguist
- Interacting with clients on linguistic matters as required
- Developing and training new and existing freelancers according to the accounts’ and Welocalize’s needs
- Ensuring good interaction among team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters
- Participating in the development of new and improved working processes
- Achieving the goals set by the Service Unit Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- University degree in Translation/Applied Languages and related experience as translator and/or reviewer of 1 – 3 years
- Fluent in German (native level), both written and spoken, fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experienced as a translator in : Marketing, Transcreation, Software UI, Subtitles, Business/commercial communications, Technical documentation/instruction (online help)
- Excellent feel for language (source/target)
- Excellent knowledge of terminology in the following subject mattersConsumer & Enterprise hardware, IT Solutions for businesses, Support services
- Thorough understanding of the localization process. Excellent user experience of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications, and standard CAT tools (e.g. SDL Studio). Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with tight deadlines. Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, translators.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.