Senior Strategic Account Manager
Corporate – Customer Success /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Welocalize Account Manager is responsible for developing and sustaining a long-term strategic customer relationship, leveraging our subject matter expertise and service capabilities to create value-based solutions, serving as customer advocate for internal and external stakeholders, driving growth and lifetime value through a Strategic Account Management Framework.
- Responsible for developing and executing long term strategic account plan(s).
- Develop, maintain & grow business relationships with existing clients.
- Evaluate changes in the marketplace, product and service offerings, buying processes, and competitors for purposes of defining and adjusting the assigned account strategies, and specific objectives.
- Initiate and foster new relationships within existing customers, identify their needs and manage appropriate service to meet those needs and drive cross solution opportunities.
- Manage opportunities, cross solutions and pipelines. Analyze the account potential, i.e., booking/project activity, service mix purchased, use of additional services, and other qualifiers. Track opportunities in Salesforce for centralized tracking and reporting.
- Develop and maintain a rolling 12-month bookings forecast in Adaptive.
- Achieve existing and add-on bookings quota for assigned customers/squads.
- Identify and capture evolving client needs and collaborate with squads to inform the strategic plan.
- Engage Squad/Operations Leadership regarding customer escalations/resolutions, satisfaction improvement, new service on-boarding, solutions, etc.
- Serve as escalation point for business-critical issues (not day to day production issues).
- Client advocacy to ensure alignment with customer’s goals, objectives and long-term strategy.
- Engage and support BDDs and SMEs to identify, manage and close customer opportunities. Leverage our collective expertise to set the overall account strategy.
- Manage contract (re)negotiation (MSAs, SOWs, etc). Ensure contracts are in place, stored centrally and flag when renewals are approaching.
- Engage with the team to manage overdue collections and address DSO.
- Proven track record of delivering customer value by the understanding and mapping of customer business strategies and objectives to the design and delivery of optimal solutions;
- Industry knowledge is a must;
- Vast client relationship management experience, including demonstrated dedication at senior and C-level customer sponsors.
- Demonstrate success in achieving or exceeding bookings quota in similar role(s);
- Proven ability to think strategically and articulate ideas and plans with the professional maturity to participate at senior management level. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated track record of strong collaboration skills working effectively in a matrix-ed organization to deliver customer solutions and business results;
- Articulate how globalization services enable customers to achieve their desired business objectives (e.g. enabling global product sales, brand protection, compliance);
- Experience and skill in participating in new and existing client sales cycles including presentations, analysis, recommendations and relationship development;
- Availability to travel for work commitments is a must.
Key Competencies Required
- CLIENT CENTRIC: hyper focused on client experience.
- RELATIONSHIP ORIENTED: high emotional quotient, able to read audience and tailor communication style. Develop an open and trusting environment internally and externally.
- GROWTH & RESULTS ORIENTED: determined toward action and achieving goals.
- COMMUNICATIVE: ability to listen, capture client requirements and articulate a solution.
- CONFIDENT: in self and ability to navigate a myriad of situations, comfortable leading and challenging customers.
- PASSIONATE: demonstrate that “we care” and act as a brand ambassador.
- INQUISITIVE: appetite to explore internally and externally how we can delight our customers.
- RESILIENT: to rapidly pivot difficulties that may arise and reframe them into opportunities.
- KNOWLEDGEABLE: industry awareness, customer intimacy and strong grounding in service offering capabilities.
Other Relevant Skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to consider multiple perspectives in order to devise the most suitable customer, personnel and business strategies.
- Positive attitude in the face of adversity or change.
- Degree from a college or university preferred or relevant experience in a related field.