Senior Quality Coordinator
Corporate – Quality /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE - THIS IS A FREELANCE POSITION
The Quality Coordinator (QC) is the squad team member on a squad (s) responsible for the quality of service delivery to the client or coordinating tasks. Failure to achieve goals may impact team deadlines and results. The QC solves standard situations independently in line with company policies and procedures. The QC will have support from senior members of the team for non-standard situations.
The position operates as an Individual Contributor, and it contributes to goals through its own effort and influence. Gets assignments from the manager and from there plans own work. Uses manager’s feedback to adjust progress as needed. The impact is limited to the delivery of day-to-day tasks and services provided by the function stream or the Quality team.
Interaction is typical with members of the Quality and Project Management teams, irrespective of their level and location. May also communicate regularly with external resources, primarily to coordinate efforts and share instructions and training material.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of a Quality Coordinator:
· Analyze data on quality and vendor performance, produce statistical quality reports and create related documentation on RCA, QIP, and CAPAs - with support from Managers.
· Plan and coordinate LQAs, analyze scores, and follow up with resources on fails - with support from Managers.
· Educate resources on LQA arbitration workflow and best practices, and provide support during the arbitration process. Escalate if any reply is delayed.
· Monitor suppliers’ performance on accounts managed by Program Squad(s) on which they are assigned. Flag suppliers performing beneath client thresholds. Supplier performance is inclusive of OTD, time-to-accept task, language quality, adherence to instructions, etc.
· Analyze RCAs provided by resources and request clarifications, as necessary. Provide support to resources with regard to preventive and corrective actions.
· May own a portfolio of designated accounts and support with data analysis for conversations with customers regarding quality while anticipating their needs, analyzing root causes, performing corrective and preventive actions, and escalating matters while maintaining client-facing documentation.
· May support the development of new processes and assess current processes to lead and drive process improvements.
· Coordinate and/or support the delivery of training to internal and/or external resources.
· May contribute to the preparation of presentations for QBRs or other Quality initiatives.
· Analyze data or create reports related to performance, trends, and other statistical quality reports.
· Maintain language assets (creation and maintenance of glossaries, style guides, TMs, etc.)
· Execute the quality framework initiatives.
· Organize and host meetings with different stakeholders as applicable - with the support of the Manager.
· Author and send communications to external resources regarding processes or specific changes.
· May communicate customer language & content type capacity needs to Language Services Team.
· May engage the Language Services team with requisite information necessary for recommendations of new or replacement resources for a client or program.
· May act as an escalation point for PMs when partners consistently miss deliverable due dates. Involve Language Services Team as needed.
· May collaborate with Language Services Team to initiate Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), RCAs, or CAPAs, as needed.
· Execute and/or coordinate regular quality measuring for clients with LQA SLAs/commitments.
· Perform Content Type Analysis as needed.
· Ensure the success of test translations by gathering and providing requisite information to the Language Services team to carry out the test translation process where needed.
· Support the development of customer initiatives, internal initiatives, or new processes.
· Where required, train suppliers on customer and customer-specific tools.
· Experience with Translation Memory tools, Translation Management Systems and Machine Translation Post-editing processes and tools.
Experience with main CAT tools, i.e., MemoQ, Trados, XTM, etc.
· Experience with X-bench and/or other Language QA tools.
· Detail-oriented and process driven.
· Takes initiative and ownership to get the job done
· Team player with the ability to problem-solve and show initiative.
· Results-driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, and deadline-driven work environment.
· Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
Knows well the principles and practices used within Quality.
Knowledge of the language services industry and a keen interest in its technology, and process.
· Adept at data literacy; ability to understand and utilize data to make decisions.
· Can work within a team, contributing to the team's success, or work independently as needed.
· Experience and proven track record in Localization Vendor Coordination, Language Team coordination, or Quality coordination specifically an advantage.
· Experience in Agile Methodology and/or Lean Six Sigma is an advantage.
· Minimum of a BA Degree or experience in the industry in lieu of degree acceptable. Fields: Linguistics, Foreign Languages, Modern Languages, Translation, or related fields.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, fluent in English). An additional language at a fluent level (both verbal & written) is preferred.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
· Is a strong Listener and effective Collaborator.
· Understands the importance of Objective & Key Results (OKRs) and is Results Orientated.
· Takes direction well, but also shows a proactive attitude and initiative where needed.
Proactively flags problems and contributes to their solutions with help from their team members and Manager.