Senior Data Analyst
United States /
Corporate – People & Places /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Data Analytics Specialist will contribute to Welocalize’s industry-leading data analytics team, playing a dynamic role that will span some of the organization’s most important, highest-profile analytics initiatives. The "Specialist" is an experienced data analyst who has proven analytical/technical acumen, and can serve as a trusted partner to business teams. This role will be responsible for proactively engaging with stakeholder teams to understand their people, processes, data and objectives/key results (OKRs); being responsible for data products that support their OKRs; and empowering the teams to improve business outcomes with data.
- Lead discovery processes with stakeholders to thoroughly identify (and document) business requirements and expected outcomes, around data/analytics. Translate business requirements to technical requirements, for data engineers.
- Use analysis techniques to produce reports/data products/analyses.
- Proactively/creatively generate original insights to improve business outcomes.
- Deliver outstanding analytic services focused on solving the right problem in the right way, while delighting partners with swift, decisive, and clearly communicated action.
- Design data products and analytical solutions for ease of use and comprehension; facilitate the deployment, support the utilization, and continuously evolve these data products to ensure business value is added.
- Develop models to quantify the financial impact of business initiatives and the effects of team recommendations.
- Using a listen-first philosophy, quickly form "trusted advisor" relationships with colleagues, including senior leaders.
- Periodically serve as a data analytics lead/partner for a Welocalize squads/teams at a time, periodically "rotating" to serve different teams.
- Help teams define the information required to monitor and report performance for assigned objectives and key results (OKRs), and for operational & financial KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Produce information views necessary to enable the teams to publish and explain OKR financial and operational performance in an accurate and consistent fashion.
- Train and mentor teams members on which information views to use, how to interpret information and what actions may be necessary to improve performance.
- Maintain, update and own a backlog/road map of multiple workstreams/projects; and report regularly on progress and blockers.
- Provide mentoring and "level 2 support" to other analysts.
- Rely on past experience to provide added value and expertise to employees and team members.
- Maintain a self-starter mindset to proactively anticipate and address partners' needs.
- Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or IT/IS. Preferred: post-graduate education (or equivalent experience) in an applicable field.
- Required experience: 1+ year as a technical business analyst, regularly engaging with stakeholders to elicit and track business requirements for information systems; and translating those into technical requirements. Preferred: 2+ years' experience.
- Required experience: 1+ year experience producing professional data products (e.g., reports and dashboards) using a common BI/data visualization platform such as: Power BI (preferred), Tableau, QlikView or Looker. Preferred: 2+ years' experience.
- Must have a passion to utilize analytics and information to measure and explain business performance.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies, with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships.
- Proactive in driving assigned tasks and long-term initiatives to completion. Proactive in identifying, proposing and taking on new tasks and initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including working familiarity with statistics and statistical concepts.
- Excellent written and oral skills necessary to communicate requirements, results and analysis of complex problems; ability to synthesize and articulate the results of complex analyses in plain language for use by a variety of business stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and the ability/patience to follow the "plan-do-check-act cycle" repeatedly until high-quality technical solutions are achieved.
- Flexible attitude with the ability to effectively multi-task, undertaking a diverse slate of projects ensuring quality on-time deliverables.
- Preferred: basic knowledge of data science/machine learning, and new/emerging BI technologies.
- Preferred: experience performing the above functions for organizations doing business in localization, workforce augmentation, or BPO.
- Preferred: experience working in an Agile development environment.
List of Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Telemedicine Benefit
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation Time: 15 days per year (increases with years of service)
- Sick Time: 6 days per year
- Paid Holidays: 8 days per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave
Welocalize carefully considers a wide range of compensation variables including geographic location, job scope and complexity, skill level, experience, or industry-specific knowledge. Compensation will be mutually agreed upon at offer and may be above the posted range due to compensation variables.
Salary Range: $85K to $105K.