Hungarian Linguistic Quality Assurance Tester Remote (USA)
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – In-House/Lab /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you a tech-savvy language enthusiast with a passion for quality? We have an exceptional opportunity for you to utilize your language skills and enhance products for users both locally and globally.
We are looking for Hungarian testers.
Join our team as a Linguistic Tester and embark on an exciting journey to enhance user experiences in the local markets and beyond.
As part of the QA Testing process for emerging technology, you'll have the opportunity to test innovative apps, e-courses, marketing materials and a variety of captivating projects. Write and report relevant bugs and errors using best practices through the internal database system. Respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently. Make use of you native language skills and cultural awareness of the target locale.
As a Linguistic Tester, content you might be testing may include but is not limited to, technical and marketing documentation, video, audio, e-learning courses, web software solutions, standalone applications, and mobile apps. You will primarily be proofreading and editing content already localized to your native language, making sure you catch any errors in the content, such as: format and layout, grammar, typos, syntax, punctuation, capitalization, political incorrectness, inconsistencies, extra spaces between words or characters as well as confirming that the material has been properly internationalized and localized. You will sometimes be translating some small content from English to your native language. You will also be reporting functional issues when being presented in an application
This is a rare chance to unleash your love for language and put your language skills to work, making a real difference.
We are seeking candidates who are located in the United States preferably in the Portland–Vancouver metropolitan area, as our office is located in Portland, Oregon.
The role requires the ability to work on-site during business hours at least once a week (average 6 hours a week on-site during the project).
Job Title: QA Linguistic Tester
Location: USA based
Hourly Rate: $25 (Negotiable based on experience)
Hours: Part-Time (Hours vary based on project need and demand)
Schedule: Set your own hours within Welocalize business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Pacific)
Start date: ASAP
Employment Status: Freelance or Part-Time W2 Employee, eligible for benefits based on hours worked
Must have valid work authorization in the US (Welocalize does not sponsor VISAs at this time)
Please note that this work is part-time depending on project needs. Due to this, hours will vary and flexibility with a changing schedule is very important.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this position:
- Write and report relevant errors using best practices using various defect tracking systems.
- Evaluate quality of translation in your native language within the context of content being tested.
- Be a subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language.
- Be able to research and resolve linguistic questions.
- Adhere to project specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides and client-preferred checklists and glossaries.
- Troubleshoot basic computer problems (for example connecting to the internet, switching between Languages etc.).
- Communicate effectively and escalate testing issues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner.
- Proficiency in Hungarian (Linguistic competency in target language equal to the following: ILR Level 5 or CEF C2)
- Excellent written/verbal communication in English (for bug reporting purposes), ability to follow written testing instructions in English
- Up-to-date awareness of current and common technical language usage in the target language
- Knowledge of common technological terms in English and/or target language
- Strong practical knowledge of computers and mobile devices, Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent MAC or OpenOffice) and various browsers.
- Basic knowledge of smart phones (iPhone or Android)
- Localization QA experience is preferred
- Valid authorization to work in the US
- Must sign NDA to protect confidential information you will be exposed to
- Flexibility with varying hours
Welocalize transforms content across platforms, devices, and channels so that it resonates locally and delivers a superior customer experience worldwide. We ensure that the content is relevant and culturally appropriate at every step.
What to expect
· Working on projects with leading tech companies
· Learn and develop skills with an experienced testing team
· Gain hands-on experience in the world of localization
· Develop quality assurance testing skills that can be used across multiple industries
Come aboard our dynamic team, working with cutting-edge content and making a real impact in the world of localization.