Senior German Translator
Saarbrücken, Germany /
Language Services and Technology – German Service Unit /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Translator takes on the lead function of an account, performs quality control tasks, transcreation tasks and on-demand translation tasks on assigned accounts/projects; interacts with different stakeholder, coordinates the activities of a group of translators (internal and/or freelancers) and ensures that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level; ensures that the Language Process is being followed by the project team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking on the lead function of the assigned account
- Performing quality control tasks on assigned projects (EN > DE)
- Performing transcreation/translation/post-editing tasks (EN > DE)
- Performing other translation-related admin tasks (EN > DE)
- Managing project-related queries
- Preparing, managing and maintaining the language materials (including glossaries, Style Guides, work instruction) up to the quality standards and as requested by the client
- Interacting with client on linguistic matters as required
- Developing and training new and existing freelancers according to the accounts’ and Welocalize needs
- Ensuring good interaction among team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters
- Participating in the development of new and improved working processes
- Achieving the goals set by the Service Unit Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- University degree in Translation/Applied Languages and related experience as EN into DE translator and reviewer of 5 years
- Fluent in German (native level), both written and spoken, fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experienced as a translator in: Marketing, Subtitles, Business communications, Technical documentation
- Excellent feel for language (source/target)
- Excellent knowledge of terminology in the following subject matters Enterprise hard- and software, B2B IT Solutions, Support Services
- Thorough understanding of the localization process. Excellent user experience of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications, and standard CAT tools (e.g. SDL Studio). Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with tight deadlines. Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, translators.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.