Spanish LATAM Language Lead
Menlo Park, CA /
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For this role we need an energetic, passionate, intellectually curious, and extremely organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced multi-lingual environment. The candidate will provide quality and technical check to the translations received from internal and external resources, troubleshooting the errors, answer project queries, adding users to the TMS and supporting in Vendor Management activities.
The Language Lead acts as a linguistic bridge between the translators and the PM, to ensure deliverables that comply with our Translation Standards.
A Language Lead is fluent in at least 2 languages, has a great interest in languages, and can passively understand 2-3 more languages in addition to having an innate sensitivity towards languages in general.
The Language Lead should self-educate herself/himself about clients, projects and technologies before transferring the knowledge to a linguistic resource.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this role:
· Perform mostly IT-themed and consumer-oriented translations in the client-owned translation tool
· Translate various types of content, including marketing, help and UI
· Master or learn the tools associated with translation work (e.g. tools for creating queries or checking the live UI elements)
· Precisely follow the established translation process, e.g. always raise queries when there is a need to
· Learn the style guide and overall client’s requirements, e.g. stylistic preferences
· Improve based on the corrections made by the senior team members as well as the client reviewers
· Keep track of personal error statistics and work on the weak spots
· Take part in the internal trainings and the ones organized by the client
· Participate in the error arbitration process
· Meet the productivity KPIs
· Take part in the internal quality meetings and the quality calls organized by the client for the whole team
· Constantly analyze own gaps and think of what assistance the senior members and the client can provide to help address those
· Provide effective linguistic support
· Help deliver projects on time and at a linguistic quality that adheres to our Translation Standards
· Drive process and methodologies to execute on localization projects with internal and external resources
· Participate to all project-related activities from the start to end, including meetings, conference calls etc
· Support Project Managers to train translators on customer requirements, translation and review tools and processes
· Set up Query Sheets and answer translators’ queries in a timely manner. For this task some customer contact will be required
· Provide vendor management support and act as resource coordinator during projects.
· Issue POs.
Education and Experience Level
· University degree in Linguistics, Journalism or Mass Communication
· Three or more years of experience in translation or copy-writing
· Fluent in English (both written and spoken,in a wide range of registers)
· Spanish native-level
· Experience of creating easy-to-read texts
· Experience of creating content for tech-savvy readers
· Interest in languages, specifically in English and Spanish
· Passion for the world of technology