Part-Time Linguistic Tester for the Macedonian Language
North Macedonia /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – In-House/Lab /
Welocalize is hiring Macedonian Language Part-Time Linguistic QA Testers. As a Linguistic Tester, content you might be testing may include, but is not limited to, technical and marketing documentation, video, audio, e-learning courses, web software solutions, standalone applications, and mobile apps. You will primarily be proofreading and editing content already localized to your native language, making sure you catch any errors in the content, such as: format and layout, grammar, typos, syntax, punctuation, capitalization, political incorrectness, inconsistencies, and extra spaces between words or characters as well as confirming that the material has been properly internationalized and localized. You will sometimes be translating some small content from English to your native language. You will also be reporting functional issues, when being presented in an application.
Job Title: Part-Time Linguistic Tester
Hourly Rate: $20+ (Negotiable based on experience)
Hours: Part Time (Hours vary based on project need and demand)
Start date: ASAP
Please note that this work is part time depending on project need. Due to this, hours will vary and flexibility with a changing schedule is very important.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this position:
- Write and report relevant errors using best practices using various defect tracking systems.
- Evaluate quality of translation in your native language within the context of content being tested.
- Be a subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language.
- Be able to research and resolve linguistic questions.
- Adhere to project specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides and client-preferred checklists and glossaries.
- Troubleshoot basic computer problems (for example connecting to the internet, switching between Languages etc.).
- Communicate effectively and escalate testing issues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner.
- Linguistic competency in requested language equal to the following: ILR Level 5 or CEF C2;
- Up-to-date awareness of current and common technical language usage in the target language.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent MAC or OpenOffice) and various browsers.
- Basic knowledge of PC-hardware (desktop and laptop).
- Basic knowledge of smart phones (iPhone or Android).
- Be organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with Localization/QA/translation experience are preferred.