Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
Corporate – Quality /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Language Coordinator will support the client account teams on language quality related tasks and will be liaising directly with vendors and client contacts on language quality tasks, ensuring high quality deliveries to Welocalize clients. The Language Coordinator will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Language Quality.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this role:
Quality at Source
Ensure that all existing glossaries, style guides, instructions and other reference materials are up-to-date and timely distributed to the translation teams and language quality assurance (LQA) reviewers
Provide input on management of existing linguistic assets (glossaries, style guides, TMs, etc.), processes and related issues
Verify integrity and usability of new client assets before distribution to all the teams
Assist Program team in defining and recommending language quality strategy (with support of LPA where required)
Work with Talent Management/Talent Finding team in defining and sourcing the appropriate translation resources
Support the program team in onboarding new resources to accounts
Manage all language quality escalations with translation resources, including full investigation, corrective actions and resolution
Quality Assurance Scheduling and Execution
Organize LQA schedule with translation teams and reviewers
Review number and type of client changes received for all languages
Verify that LQA feedback and client feedback are clearly understood and implemented in files, TM and any other deliverables
Manage LQA and arbitration process with translation teams and 3rd Party reviewers / client reviewers
When arbitration process applies, update LQA and client feedback results
Track monthly and quarterly vendor performance results against target in the systems available
Where necessary, assist the Program Team in facilitating calls with vendors and client reviewers.
Analytics and Reporting
Collect, monitor data on quality and vendor performance, produce statistical quality reports and create related documentation
Escalate to Language Program Architect if resources do not perform, remediation efforts have failed, and a replacement team is needed
Report on quality trends as required by the Language Program Architect
Actively participate in the team meetings on improvement initiatives
Actively manage workload and capacity reporting to LPA on a weekly basis
In addition, any other activities that arise in relation to Language Quality and are necessary in order to support the evolution and language quality in any account.
- Education Level
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in Business, Localization or Translation studies or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Project Coordination or Language Leading in the localization industry.
- Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels
- Fluent language skills in required languages (both written and spoken, in a wide range of registers).
- Good understanding of the overall localization business
- Team player with the ability to problem-solve, show initiative and influence others
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer literacy skills and strong inclination to use technology to collaborate in a community, collect feedback, analyze data and automate data management steps. User of tools to manage metrics and reports.
- Good understanding of how Translation Memory tools and Translation Management Systems (TMS) work: (processes, tools, schedule and budget impact) Understanding of Machine Translation (MT) Post-editing is a plus.
- “Can do” attitude
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Key competencies:
- Strong Company & Industry Awareness
- Shows excellent Time Management skills
- A Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle approach to tasks and workloads
- Takes Ownership of deliverables
- Is Accurate when providing information and Follows-up on all commitments
- Demonstrates capability to be Self-Sufficient