English (from India) Linguistic Tester
Houston, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is excited to offer a unique opportunity for those who enjoy linguistic and technical work. We are seeking Linguistic Testers possessing native-level fluency in English from India. For this role, you will be working to assist in the development of cutting-edge, consumer-facing software. Linguistic Testers will evaluate the quality of text annotations in support of natural language processing. Duties include labeling words and phrases, critically scanning text to determine context and meaning, and annotating data according to detailed guidelines.
· Apply complex annotation guidelines consistently, recognize ambiguous cases, and use best judgement to extrapolate existing guidelines or follow-up for clarification.
· Strong linguistic and logical/analytical skills.
· Attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality.
· Comfortable with technology—work is all done digitally.
· Good oral and written comprehension/communication skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to understand and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
· Commitment to a regular 40-hour work week.
· Comfortable with repetitive tasks.
Project Duration: Ongoing
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 40 hours per week - flexible after training
Office Location: Greenspoint Business District (I-45 and Beltway)
Pay Rate: $17/hr (non-negotiable)
Onsite attendance required. Although this could change due to the Covid-19 situation.
Local candidates only!
1- You will have an interview with a recruiter (10-15 minutes long)
2- You will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
3- You will need to take a test (language proficiency and technical skills)
4- You will have a second interview with the client (remotely)