Japanese Linguistic Tester - Houston
Houston, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Linguistic Tester you will use your native language skills to contribute to the improvement of emerging technology. Your attention to detail regarding all things linguistics will be invaluable to this position. You should have an excellent grasp of grammar, syntax, spelling, and comprehension.
Job Title: Japanese Linguistic Tester
Location: Houston, TX - on site
Schedule: Monday - Friday (40 hours/week)
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: W-2 employee, eligible for benefits based on hours worked (Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits+)
Visa Information: Must have valid work authorization for the US/No Visa sponsorship provided
*These facts are non-negotiable. All Testers that are hired confirm that they accept the facts of the job as described herein.
- Native-level fluency in Japanese
- Strong English skills (for reporting bugs and receiving instructions)
- Strong technical skills (basic computer knowledge, strong typing skills, ability to research topics on the Internet)
- Knowledge and experience with Mac products a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work on-site in the Portland office
- Must have valid work authorization for the US
- Must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect client confidentiality