French Linguistic Tester (Digital Book Content)
Cupertino, CA /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is seeking a French Linguistic Tester to provide QA for digital book content. This individual will be a part of the team that performs quality checks on book files, images, audio files, looking for any quality issues such as formatting, functionality, or anything else that may interfere with an optimal customer experience. This team is also responsible for verifying and correcting metadata on media content that is imported in our internal database.
Job Title: French Linguistic Tester
Location: Cupertino, CA (Remote work due to COVID-19 crisis. Post pandemic 100% onsite attendance will be required )
Workweek: Monday-Friday (40 hours/week and 30 minute unpaid break)
W-2 employee, eligible for benefits based on hours worked
Duration: 18 months
Hourly Rate: $35/hr
Start Date: 08/17/2020
Local candidates only!
- BS/BA and 2+ years of work experience in the field of data management
- Fluency in French and English (both spoken and written)
- Must be highly detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Tech savvy, with experience using Mac OS X and iOS
- Ability to quickly detect issues and inconsistencies from a massive sea of content and make sound judgement calls based on information at hand
- Proven ability to maintain solid focus through many hours of performing repetitive tasks
- Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with ability to learn from history and actively help errors from reoccurring
- Excellent communication skills
- A wide range of knowledge of authors, genres of books, publishing industry and digital book formats highly preferred
- Familiarity with XML and web-based content management systems preferred
- Basic editorial experience preferred