Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
Corporate – Finance /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description Summary
Accounting Specialist - AR role is a pivotal role within the multinational, multicurrency European Finance team. To succeed as an accounting specialist - AR role you must be committed to managing high volume customer portfolios/accounts providing financial and administrative services in the customer billing cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following is an non exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of the Accounts Reconciliation
- Conduct all aspects of customer financial set up to ensure proper configurations against accounting contacts in the system this includes collecting proper documents if missing.
- Accurately and promptly process invoices for high volume customers
- Customer electronic portal work as required
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Communicate regularly with customers and internal stakeholders
- Keep manager informed of activities and any significant issues
- Invoice collections cycle management and remittance processing
- Analyze invoice queries, aged items and queries following through to resolution
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by your manager.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Education Level
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The successful candidate will have
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an AR role in a European Finance Department would be beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluency in Spanish and English- written and oral required
- Other European language would be beneficial - German
- Knowledge of European VAT would be beneficial
- A flexible and helpful approach
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong excel skills, Zendesk and ERP experience - Workday
- Experience in Workday an advantage