Norwegian Legal Linguists and Patent Translators
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – Global Freelance Talent Community /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is currently expanding its pool of Norwegian Legal Linguists and Patent Translators for one of their clients. They will be part of a team and will actively contribute to the success of the program.
- Translate legal content from English into Norwegian or patent-related content from English into Norwegian, with original meaning conveyed in a manner that is readable and understandable to target audience. The Style adequacy is a key aspect for our client;
- Minimum three years' experience translating and reviewing content in the legal and patent (especially chemical and mechanical) fields;
- Effective, proficient communicator in English;
- Native fluency in target language;
- Degree in linguistics, translation or equivalent experience;
Additional Job Description
- CAT Tool: experience with XTM (Repository for style guides/glossaries, project instructions).
- Estimated work volume: steady daily workload (24h TAT) and an estimated weekly volume of 5000+ words
- Other requirements: availability on national holidays that are not also US holidays, to be able to take and accept "after hours" calls or show some flexibility to accommodate the PST schedule.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to be considered for, please send us your application.