Localization Program Manager
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Localicazion Program Manager (Squad Lead) is responsible for delivering services and solutions to Welocalize customers. The Squad Lead manages or directs a team (I.e., squad) comprised of different cross-functional roles to work with clients and understand their requirements, engage the global team in the fulfillment of those requirements, and craft and deliver client solutions. These solutions are based on the Welocalize Four Pillars of Customer Service, Quality, Innovation, and Global Teamwork. The Squad Lead acts as the spokesman and facilitator of the Squad and is accountable for achieving assigned Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). (L1)
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of accountabilities and responsibilities of a Squad Lead:
- In concert with Operations leadership, define quarterly Squad OKRs in alignment with the company OKRs.
- Define cross functional squad roles and responsibilities based on achieving OKR results.
- Measure and report OKR result progress on a weekly basis; proactively identify actions and opportunities to achieve and exceed objectives.
- Responsible for performance management (supervision, coaching, career development, and people activities such as time off and expense approval) of direct reports.
- Design, implement, and deliver client solutions/programs.
- Monitor financial and operational metrics (KPIs). Implement and execute production process improvements resulting in increased customer satisfaction, operational leverage, project profitability, and resource productivity.
- Facilitate effective interaction and encourage synergies between the different roles within the same squad.
- Drive the adoption of existing and new production tools (e.g. Relay, PBI, WD) in compliance with defined processes and procedures.
- Oversee issue management: client escalations, CAPAs initiatives, vendor performance or internal escalations.
- Point of Escalation for Squad team members.
- With the squad team, manage and forecast team capacity. Determine when capacity must be increased or reduced based on financial and operational performance metrics.
- Responsible for training of new Squad team members .
- Conduct month end audits to confirm squad is compliant with accurate and timely client billing.
- Ability to think strategically and articulate ideas and plans with the professional maturity to participate at senior management level.
- Knowledge and awareness of business trends.
- Experience of standing up a modern, effective delivery program.
- Can develop a program plan and sequence of events.
- Can lead customer meetings and capture requirements and set success factors.
- Takes ownership for driving progress (weekly) and can make informed decisions.
- Can drive change on an existing program, across processes, roles and expectations.
- Drives Squad collaboration – facilitates decision making and actions in the context of delivery to the customer.
- Actively drives their projects and teams and has a positive Impact.
- Shows good negotiation skills and situational awareness.
- Can establish & develop processes and procedures as part of a client program in alignment with Welocalize tools and systems.
- Provides mentoring & coaching to all squad team members across all roles.
- Requires customer centric approach and attitude to managing all aspects of the business.
- Is a strong Listener. Encourages Empowerment of the team. Effectively Manages Escalation from their team in times when standard operating procedures are not able to address customer dissatisfaction.
- Actively Drives Performance of assigned squad and Delivers Results.
- Understands the importance of OKRs and is Results Orientated.
- Can establish & Develop Processes and procedures to improve Operational Efficiency.
- Regularly exhibits Empathetic Leadership Skills and has a passion for Mentoring & Coaching of team members.
- Develops excellent Followership across the company through Sphere of Influence.
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
- Proven ability to lead large diverse teams, both local and remote.
- Knowledge of the language services industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Demonstrated success at managing large accounts and/or projects.
- Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
- Proven experience in development of processes and ideas.
- Experience in financial and operational management.
- Customer relationship management.
- Must be available to travel for work related commitments
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Availability to travel for work commitments is a must.
Other Relevant Skills
- Passion for serving customers required.
- Strong working knowledge of localization/translation software is an advantage.
- Strong competency in data analytics and developing data driven operating procedures.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Excellent literacy skills both written and verbal.
- Strong sense of ownership of the designated client accounts(s).
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Ability to consider multiple perspectives to devise the most suitable customer and account strategies.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, and deadline-driven work environment.
- Positive attitude towards automation and new technologies.