Dutch Language Specialist (Remote)
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description & Skills Required: The ideal candidate has English to Dutch translation and review experience (preferably with a focus on marketing content and software localization), is a native Dutch speaker, is able to customize content for the Dutch market and has a passion for language. You will be responsible for the overall quality of the localized LinkedIn sites and other assets for our Dutch speaking audience. You will work closely with other localization team members and project managers as well as marketing stakeholders in Europe to adapt our products to the Dutch market.
· Ownership of linguistic quality
· Manage all translation assets EN into NL
· Create and maintain glossaries, style guides and TMs
· Perform linguistic QA and open/resolve linguistic bugs as necessary
· Work with external vendors and internal stakeholders to provide timely and market appropriate localized products
Project Duration: will be able to offer a 6-month-contract on a rolling basis (up to the maximum of 12 months)
Hourly rate: $40/hour
Desired Start Date: asap
Working Hours / Schedule: 40 hours per week (there could be occasional spikes with overtime). We are relatively flexible with core hours 10am - 4pm.
· Native level fluency in Dutch
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a localization linguist
· Experience using CAT tools (SDL WorldServer, etc.)
· Good understanding of localization and linguistic issues
· Knowledge of social media platforms and voice and tone used for the Dutch audience
· B.A. in Translation, Applied Linguistics, Journalism or similar
· Experience in marketing localization
· Self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to learn and adapt to new processes and tools