Localization Quality Manager
Corporate – Quality /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE - THIS IS A FREELANCE POSITION
The Quality Manager is the squad team member on a squad (s) responsible for supplier alignment and supplier performance on accounts owned by that squad. Performance includes, but is not limited to, on-time delivery, adherence to all client and project-specific requirements, and defect-free deliverables. The role is managing service delivery quality to the client or managing tasks or initiatives. This role is responsible for engaging with the customer to understand capacity requirements and quality expectations and liaising with Language Services to ensure such requirements can be met. As part of ensuring adequate performance, the Quality Manager will monitor customer Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) and take necessary actions to ensure quality and on-time delivery targets are met.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of a Quality Manager:
· In collaboration with the Partner Engagement Manager, responsible for supplier alignment on accounts managed by Program Squad(s) on which they are assigned.
· Monitor suppliers' performance on accounts managed by Program Squad(s) on which they are assigned. Flag suppliers performing beneath client thresholds. Supplier performance is inclusive of OTD, time-to-accept task, language quality, adherence to instructions, etc.
· Lead conversations with customers regarding quality while anticipating their needs, analyzing root causes, performing corrective and preventive actions, and escalating matters while maintaining client-facing language quality and relevant documentation relating to language quality.
· Design and set up the quality framework. Ensure maintenance of all language assets (glossaries, style guides, TMs, etc).
· Communicate customer language & content type capacity needs to Language Services Team.
· Engage the Language Services team with the requisite information necessary for recommendations of new or replacement resources for a client or program.
· Customer point of contact for all language quality-related matters.
· Act when necessary to ensure quality SLA (client or Welocalize) is being met.
· Act as an escalation point for PMs when partners consistently miss deliverable due dates. Involve Language Services Team as needed.
· Monitor and flag suppliers performing beneath defined thresholds on an account to Language Services Team. Performance is inclusive of OTD, time-to-accept task, language quality, adherence to instructions, etc.
· Collaborate with Language Services Team to initiate Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), RCAs, or CAPAs, as needed. If QIP is deemed unsuccessful, Language Services Team to inform Talent Procurement.
· Ensure and execute and/or coordinate regular quality measuring for clients with LQA SLAs/commitments.
· Perform Content Type Analysis as needed.
· Ensure the success of test translations by gathering and providing requisite information to the Language Services team to carry out the test translation process where needed.
· Regularly prepare and present quality reporting to clients as needed.
· Support the development of customer initiatives, internal initiatives, or new processes. Assess current processes to drive process improvements.
· Where required, train suppliers on customer and customer-specific tools.
· Proven experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
· Experience and proven track record in Localization Vendor, Language, or Quality Management.
· Knows well the principles and practices used within Quality.
· Experience with Translation Memory tools, Translation Management Systems, and Machine Translation Post-editing processes and tools.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to present structured arguments to diverse audiences, incl. colleagues, customers, and vendors, and influence others
· Knowledge of the language services industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
· Adept at data literacy; ability to understand and utilize data to make decisions.
· Strong in problem-solving with attention to time constraints while being accountable for the quality of the deliverables.
· Flexible attitude with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, and deadline-driven work environment.
· Problem-solving mindset that can proactively assess and mitigate risk. Creative thinking in identifying areas for improvement is desirable.
· Solves standard situations independently in line with company policies and procedures.
· Can work within a team, contributing to the team's success, or work independently as needed.
Ability to prioritize ongoing projects based on business needs and urgencies that can arise.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, fluent in English). An additional language at a fluent level (both verbal & written) is preferred.
· Experience with partner and customers' direct communication would be an advantage.
· Experience in Agile Methodology and/or Lean Six Sigma is an advantage.
· Minimum of a Masters's degree or equivalent experience.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· The role may manage a team or serve as a contact for external resources.
· Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
· Is a strong Listener and effective Collaborator.
· Understands the importance of Objective & Key Results (OKRs) and is Results Orientated
· Actively drives Performance and Delivers results.
· Proactively develops clear solutions to complex problems
Welocalize is committed to equal opportunities and in compliance with the General Law on the Rights of People with Disabilities, this vacancy is also available and we encourage to those candidates who have a disability certificate (equal to or greater than 33%) to apply.