Language Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, India /
Language Services and Technology – Testing and QA /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities and areas of ownership forthisrole:
• LQE Analysis
• By reviewing daily LQE’s, analyze the errors made by linguists / reviewers to identify the error patterns.
• Create specific actions to address the identified patterns and share with the LQM / LL / TL
• Decide on the overall course of actions together with the LQM, on identified patters
• Create training material to mitigate error patterns
• Suggest translation process improvements (SG updates, glossary updates, consolidating sources of knowledge, etc.).
• Identify translation process violations internally and on the client side and highlight to LQM
• Analyze quality of arbitrations.
• Share feedback on arbitration quality with LL.
• Discuss escalations with the RCs in written form.
• Share with the LL escalations that need to be discussed with the LM (with the focus on the big trends).
• Perform sample LQAs after translators – 2 LQA per translator per week. Mark errors and provide detailed written feedback on the areas for improvement.
• Prepare daily quizzes.
Education & Experience Level
- University degree in Linguistics, Journalism or Mass Communication
- Three or more years of experience in translation or copywriting
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken, in a wide range of registers)
- Fluent in Hindi (with understanding of what conversational and easy-to-read Hindi is)
- Experience of creating easy-to-read texts
- Experience of creating content for tech-savvy readers
- Interest in languages, specifically in English and Hindi
- Passion for the world of technology
- Analytical skills
- Good time management
- Thinking outside of the box