English into German Translators with High Visibility Marketing Content
Berlin, Germany /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – Global Freelance & Agency Opportunities /
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are currently looking for a proficient-level fluency German (Germany) translator for a project that will include high-visibility marketing content in the area of retail, for a global client.
• Produces world-class volume translation of US English copy into target language across multiple communication platforms including web, video, and in-store for customers and the client store employees. Customer and employee-facing materials are by nature creative and journalist in style
• Produces volume translation that is accurate and consistent with the brand guidelines. Is able to deliver consistent, high quality across a broad range of content areas including technology, consumer hardware/software, and consumer experiences
• Maintains a consistent tone of voice, with the ability to localize a message that is relevant to the local market.
• Leverages established localization workflow and translation tools
• Works as a virtual team within a dedicated writing network consisting of multiple translators, Reviewers, and Retail Content Validators
• Takes direction from the Lead Linguist on all matters related to the client's tone of voice, terminology, and glossaries
• Embraces frequent/intensive communication with and direction from team members such as the Project Manager, Lead Linguist, and Retail Content Validators
• Works collaboratively with a network of translators within an international, team setting
• Attends monthly linguistic calls with Retail Content Validator to discuss current projects, escalations, and linguistic performance plans based on the LQM program
• Actively familiarize themselves with client products and services using the client's site
• Delivers projects and responds to emails/inquiries in a timely manner
• Experienced in localization of consumer communications for global, high-end, luxury, and Retail brands.
• At least 5 years of experience required as a translator specialized in translation of mass media or at a localization agency, advertising/PR agency, production company, corporate marketing communications department, publishing company, or in a similar corporate environment
• 3 + years of experience with CAT tools (browser & Desktop versions such as WorkBench, Trados, Transit, and Wordfast). WorldServer is preferred
• Must be a proficient speaker of the target language and have lived in that country within the last 2 years
• Experience with LQM programs, and familiarity with scorecard metrics to track translation accuracy, tone of voice, and terminology alignment
• Is comfortable taking direction from Lead Linguists on development/performance initiatives
• Has knowledge/experience in working with translation memories/tools, and leveraging style guides, glossaries, and DNT lists
• Must have excellent written and spoken English to truly understand the meaning and translate as if it were originally written in target language. Has a degree level qualification with English as a second language, in degree in Applied Linguistics or similar qualification such as TOEFL, Cambridge
Additional Job Description
Tool: Trados Studio
Volumes: weekly hand-offs with an estimated word count between 2000-5000 words per week
Please allow us to match you with this exciting opportunity and send us your updated CV in English.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!