German Translator Trainee
Early Careers and Trainee Program – Early Careers /
Internships and apprenticeships
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
Welocalize is offering a 6-month Traineeship contract for German translation students or fresh graduates interested in gaining experience and developing their careers as translators. The purpose of our program is to develop the skills of young language professionals with a view to establishing long-term cooperation upon completion of the traineeship.
The Translator Trainee at Welocalize gets the opportunity to learn as much as possible about the company, localization processes and work as part of the Linguist team, performing translations and assisting with other linguistic tasks as set by the Lead Linguist or Project Manager.
- Perform translations from English into German in the client-owned translation tool.
- Translate various types of content, including marketing, help and UI.
- Master or learn the tools associated with translation work (e.g. tools for creating queries or checking the live UI elements).
- Precisely follow the established translation process, e.g. always raise queries when there is a need to.
- Learn the style guide and overall client’s requirements, e.g. stylistic preferences.
- Improve based on the corrections made by the senior team members as well as the client reviewers.
- Keep track of personal error statistics and work on the weak spots.
- Take part in the internal trainings and the ones organized by the client.
- Participate in the error arbitration process.
- Meet the productivity Key Performance Indicators.
- Take part in the internal quality meetings and the quality calls organized by the client for the whole team.
- Constantly analyze own gaps and think of what assistance the senior members and the client can provide to help address those.
- B.A. in Translation or Applied Languages, and Master's degree or currently be a final-year Master student.
- Native-level in German, both written and spoken.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Passion for the world of technology marketing, accuracy, style and readability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
ONLY CVs IN ENGLISH WILL BE REVIEWED.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE THE CANDIDATES MUST BE BASED IN GERMANY AND ABLE TO COMMUTE TO A 6 MONTHS' TRAINEESHIP.