Senior Data Engineer
Redwood City, California
Finance – Analytics
WePay’s API’s provide a flexible and robust payments system that seamlessly integrates into the software platforms of our customers while shielding them from fraud, so they can deliver the end-to-end user experiences they want without taking on the overhead they don’t want.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Engineer to join our high-performing BI & Analytics team. Your work will focus on developing the data platform to support WePay’s analytics and data science capabilities and making data accessible to the entire company for enhanced data driven-decision making. You will contribute significantly to the vision of our analytics and data environment by using the cutting-edge cloud and big data technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and build analytics data marts and data warehouse for high-performance analytics, and provide ongoing optimization and enhancements
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop data solutions to address their needs
- Work with engineering team to ensure a scalable and streamlined process to extract data from the production environment into the analytics warehouse
- Develop reporting and visualization tools using in-house tools as well as third-party tools
- Define performance metrics and develop dashboards to evaluate business performance
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support key corporate initiatives
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or relevant technical field
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer or Data Scientist
- 4+ years experience in Python or Java
- 4+ years of experience in MySQL, NoSQL, BigQuery
- 2+ years experience in some of the following: Hadoop, Airflow, Kafka, Spark
- Experienced with Tableau, Chartio or other BI tools is preferred
- Fast-learner; ability to adapt to new development environments
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Creative problem solvers with can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Paid Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies, WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes