Staff Software Engineer - Ledger Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering – Payment Infrastructure /
The Ledger Infrastructure team at WePay is primarily responsible for providing a scalable, flexible, and reliable platform for granularly recording all payments processed through WePay, APIs that serve partner/merchant balances and determine how much and what payments to be paid out to them, and serve financial reporting and reconciliation needs. We built and open-sourced Waltz, a multi-region distributed write-ahead log, which is also the primary persistence layer for us. We utilize and contribute to open-sourced technologies such as Waltz, Kafka, and Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be designing and developing flexible software as Ledger Infrastructure evolves to support various product use cases.
What You Will Do:
- Innovate, design, and build robust software to advance Ledger Infrastructure to support various product use cases
- Contribute feedback to code and design reviews
- Build and execute the roadmap for the Ledger Infrastructure team
- Collaborate with product and engineering stakeholders to build and deliver effectively
- Use your technical leadership skills to own and lead projects to completion
- Provide technical guidance to the team and help your colleagues create impact
What We Are Looking For:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field involving coding (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or equivalent technical experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals such as concurrency, Object-Oriented design, multi-threading, etc
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience implementing scalable and reliable software systems/services
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS or Azure, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable and reliable software systems/services
- Technical leadership expertise in leading, shipping, and maintaining complex software projects involving engineering and product stakeholders
- You are passionate about engineering and operational rigor
- You are open-minded, flexible, and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Object Oriented Programming experience in languages such as Java, Python, or PHP
Nice To Have: Previous experience working with distributed data storages and there internals.
Technologies We Use:
- Languages - Java, Python, PHP
- Cloud technologies - GCP
- Event streams - Kafka
- Databases - MySQL, Cassandra, BigQuery , Redis
- Palo Alto, CA $137,750.00 - $225,000.00
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching, and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.