Staff Software Engineer- Merchant Center
Seattle, WA - or - Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
We are passionate about building great software and looking for like-minded individuals who share this passion and who are continuously looking to learn and grow. You will be responsible for defining and implementing medium and long term architecture of customer facing portals and backend services across various businesses to improve engineering agility. You will define an engineering strategy and roadmap to migrate from the existing system to the new system that you will define. You will lead this initiative and drive it to completion during execution.
What You will Do:
- Work with feature team/s on day-to-day feature development to help teams meet milestones and commitments
- Design and develop features, improvements, and bug fixes
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify ways to improve re-use across disparate services spanning multiple businesses
- Define a desired end state for various components and services across businesses
- Define an engineering strategy and roadmap to get from current state to the desired end state
- Implement and drive changes per defined roadmap involving multiple engineering teams and cross functional organizations
What We look for:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and 8+ years of development experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science and 6+ years of development experience
- Experience with architecting systems, building consensus, and managing implementation and rollout that spans across multiple engineering teams and organizations
- Experience in the domain of Payments related user experiences - migrating user interface portals and modernizing large scale infrastructure changes
Technologies we use:
- React, Redux, Typescript, CSS, Angular, Python Flask, Java, PHP, Google Cloud Platform
- Palo Alto, CA $137,750 - $225,000
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching, and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.