Senior Software Engineer - Risk Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
The Risk Infrastructure team builds scalable and reliable platform solutions to tackle fraud across WePay merchants and partners. The team has built state-of-the-art capabilities such as a decision engine, dynamic rule authoring, real-time data aggregation, and velocity checks to name a few. Our platform powers the key use cases across Risk, Compliance, and Identity teams. We are looking for talented engineers at all levels to help with our mission of building a trusted platform.
What you'll do
- Write code by collaborating with your peer engineers and product managers
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to the timelines, quality, and performance
- Triage production issues and follow on-call processes
- Contribute to design documentation
What we look for
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field. BS degree should be completed prior to joining WePay
- Comfortable with coding in the language of your choice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of algorithmic design
- Good understanding and experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles
- Exposure to a full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
- Highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Experience building scalable systems is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems design is a big plus
Technologies we use
- Languages - Java, Python, PHP
- Cloud technologies - GCP
- Event streams - Kafka
- Databases - MySQL, Cassandra, BigTable , Redis
- Palo Alto, CA $137,750 - $225,000
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching, and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.