Software Engineer - Onboard Infrastructure
San Jose, CA
Software Engineering /
WeRide is a smart mobility start-up whose mission is to transform mobility with autonomous driving. We are committed to build better transportation experience that’s safe, efficient, affordable and joyful. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and technologists who share the same passion and pursue continuous excellence in their work.
WeRide.ai is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Onboard Infrastructure team and help building the next generation of the autonomous driving platform.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and optimize existing and next-generation features of the on-board software stack.
- Develop and extend frameworks to scale the technology across various hardware and software configurations of our vehicle fleet.
- Build tools and automation pipelines to ensure constant monitoring of the vehicle system, as well as real-time data reporting and analysis.
- Work across teams to facilitate high performance and reliability of the autonomous driving software components: robotic perception, motion planning, localization, and other.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- 3+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years of using C++ in production environment. Knowledge and hands-on experience with modern C++(11, 14).
- Proven track record of owning and delivering software components, from initial design to shipping the final product.
- Experience in developing and deploying multi-threaded software on and for Linux OS, familiarity with debugging tools like gdb and perf.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience in systems software domains such as: Operating systems, Compilers, Database internals, Distributed systems, etc.
Salary Range: Your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $130,000 - $182,000 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
WeRide.ai offers competitive salary depending on the experience. Employee benefits include:
Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Plan (No cost from employees or their families)
Free Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Paid vacations and holidays