HPC System Engineer
San Jose, CA
Hardware Engineering /
WeRide is a smart mobility start-up whose mission is to transform mobility with autonomous driving. We are committed to build better transportation experience that’s safe, efficient, affordable and joyful. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and technologists who share the same passion and pursue continuous excellence in their work.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the development and optimization of onboard server systems within autonomous driving vehicles, focusing on ARM and X86 architecture.
- Lead the analysis and resolution of system failures, identifying critical paths and implementing RAS design principles to enhance system reliability.
- Design and oversee the data processing workflows for various autonomous driving sensors like cameras, LiDAR, radar, and GNSS, ensuring optimal system performance.
- Collaborate with functional safety engineers to develop and validate functional safety hardware, adhering to industry standards and practices.
- Manage high-speed signal interface performance, including PCI Express, GMSL, Ethernet, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Develop and innovate solutions on company's ADAS computing platforms, aligning with project goals and requirements.
- Engage in collaborative problem-solving with cross-functional teams, contributing to team efforts and project success.
- Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in autonomous driving technology to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Deep understanding of X86, ARM architectures and proficient in GPU functionality and optimization. Experience in ARM server development is required.
- Deep knowledge of server hypervisors and virtual machines, with a focus on optimizing infrastructure, hardware, and software resource utilization, enhancing system performance, and ensuring high reliability and uptime.
- Ability to identify system single/multiple points of failure and critical paths, improving system stability through Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) design.
- Proficient in data processing paths of sensors like cameras, LiDAR, radar, GNSS in the autonomous driving field, responsible for defining system performance, designing data/process flows, and validating optimal system solutions through experiments.
- Experienced in functional safety hardware development, understanding system safety mechanisms, and capable of defining, implementing, and validating functional safety designs of computing platforms in collaboration with functional safety engineers.
- In-depth knowledge of high-speed signal interfaces such as PCI Express, GMSL, Ethernet, etc.
- Perfer to have relevant development experience in developing Nvidia Drive/Jetson, Qualcomm or similar platforms.
- Strong knowledge of at least one key technology for autonomous driving, e.g., Perception, Motion Planning, Localization, Software Engineering, etc.
Salary Range: Your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $144,000 - $240,975 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
WeRide.ai offers competitive salary depending on the experience. Employee benefits include:
Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Plan (No cost from employees or their families)
Free Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Paid vacations and holidays