Senior Full Stack Engineer - Paste
Engineering + Product – Full Stack Engineering /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to move their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for someone to join the Paste team with all things technical. You'll be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of key features of Paste. Together with the award-winning team, you will take your ideas from implementation to production.
Paste is where your ideas come together. Having recently won 'Best Web Application/Service' in the 24th Annual Webby Awards, it’s a fast, collaborative, next-generation presentation tool for creative minds. It combines a powerful, intelligent layout system with simple collaboration across web and mobile apps. All guided by the creative values of WeTransfer to enable freeform expression while protecting individual privacy.
Qualities we’ll be looking for
- Above all else, we value open and honest communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. Someone who is a passionate learner, loves to share their knowledge and experience, and who isn't afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Solid web development skills, and preferably at least one backend language. We currently use node.js.
- Experience in building cloud-based solutions
- Affinity for Design, UX and excellent UI implementation skills
- Broad technical and creative interests (we'd love to see any side projects you did)
- Self-directed, investigative, highly-responsible and work well in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Even better if you have experience or interest working on large SPA web based tools/editor
- At least 8 years software development experience
A few things about us, written by us