Product Marketing Manager (LA, NYC, or AMS)
Los Angeles /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by many—from our moms to your favorite artists. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you'll be expected to collaborate with a cross-functional team of brand marketers, digital marketers, growth marketers, researchers, and product leads to uniquely position and communicate WeTransfer products to drive conversion, usage, and loyalty.
Day-to-day, you’ll sit with one foot in the marketing team and another in the product team, working closely with both to transform insights into actionable marketing plans.
We believe people are at their best when they create, and that they’re more likely to do so when the tools they use are beautifully obvious. You’ll be tasked with extending that ethos into our product communications across the user journey, supporting a community of creatives to make more, more easily.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and deliver go-to-market plans along with driving key experiments to help inform our larger marketing strategies.
- Own and evolve the core positioning and messaging architecture for WeTransfer products based on user behavior, market analysis, and other data-driven insights.
- Develop a user journey optimisation and testing strategy that supports subscription growth, maximizes visitor conversion, and drives usage across the product set.
- Coordinate with a diverse team across multiple timezones to deliver 360 marketing plans and execution for key launches, features releases, and evergreen content.
- Leverage user data and market trends to identify strategic opportunities to drive subscriptions and community advocacy. Monitor ongoing data sources to refine and iterate strategy.
- Proactively identify gaps in data, user insight, and market knowledge to develop quantitative and qualitative research initiatives.
- Own and evolve the WeTransfer product voice, working closely with creative and product teams to ensure a consistent experience across all customer touchpoints.
- Be an advocate for the WeTransfer user; partner with design, product, and analytics teams to identify and understand user needs, pain points, and opportunities for product and messaging evolution.
Who we are looking for
- Have 7+ years of marketing experience, 5+ years product marketing focus
- Have a track record of growing products at different stages of maturity (SaaS background is a plus)
- Are a data-driven marketer who knows how to analyze and interpret user behavior to guide strategy
- Have demonstrated success working cross-functionally to launch products in the global market
- Are comfortable in a fast-moving environment and willing to learn, unlearn, and relearn
- Have experience positioning products and growing user bases (subscription services is a plus)
- Are an excellent communicator who understands how to tailor information to a cross-functional team with a diverse background.
You’re a self-starter that likes to work in a fast-paced company that’s rapidly growing. You’re able to take strategic directives and devise your own tactics and deliverables to execute against them. You love distilling stories to their simplest form and communicating them in creative ways that others wouldn’t. You’re not afraid of a crazy idea and you love to take one and run with it.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: