Senior Platform Engineer
New York /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
The platform team is at the core of engineering at WeTransfer. You'll accelerate innovation by providing developers with the tools they need, while ensuring that the platform is reliable, performant, and secure.
Together with the product teams you will work on processes, tools, and services to support end-to-end ownership and self-service deployment of applications and infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and maintain our infrastructure — compute, storage and networking — for all applications to be deployed onto
- Build and maintain our observability stack to help engineers monitor and debug their applications
- Build and maintain services for engineers to use said infrastructure. This ranges from onboarding, deployment, secrets management, authN/Z, to continuous integration, and more.
- Work with other teams and engineers to understand their needs and make sure we're building the right services
What we are looking for:
- Above all else we value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. We are looking for proactivity in spotting problem areas and proposing ideas for improvements. You value good engineering principles and long-term design.
- Some professional technical experience, building and operating infrastructure at scale
- Some hands-on experience with building services with backend language such as Golang or Python.
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience using an infrastructure as a service provider such as AWS
- Hands-on experience with building and operating a container orchestration system such as Kubernetes
- Proficiency with running and administrating Linux machines
- Working understanding of networking principles such as routing, load-balancing, TCP/IP stack
- Managing infrastructure as code with tools like Terraform is a plus
A few blog posts that the Platform team has released recently:
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.