Sales Manager - Team US - (LA or NY)
Los Angeles /
Sales & Advertising – Sales /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
People don’t hate advertising, they hate bad advertising!
We built WeTransfer to provide an elegant experience for people who want a trustworthy and hassle-free way of transferring files. When we first decided that a platform should have non-traditional advertising, people thought we were crazy. We could have plastered our pages with annoying, intrusive banners and hit the jackpot, in the short term. But we took the long road instead, our service is now not just about sharing files, it’s about sharing experiences and creativity.
We curate and design genuinely attractive advertising to build better relationships with our users, and lasting value for our clients. This is served alongside full screen imagery from some of the world’s most exciting creative talent. By partnering with forward-thinking brands and exciting creative-minds we are able to deliver beautiful and relevant content whether it’s from brands or creators.
This user-centric, creatively driven, approach has enabled WeTransfer to build a unique digital advertising proposition. Widely considered the best brand building platform online, particularly for brands seeking to reach a professional creative audience.
If this resonates with you, read on.
About the role
Every month we run over 100 international advertising campaigns with some of the most reputable and well known brands in the world. We serve billions of impressions each month to help deliver their vision to our users.
Our team is growing! As we expand our reach, client portfolio and territories we serve, we are looking for someone to help us expand our reach into new countries and new clients. Our award winning advertising platform helps our partners maximize their brand impact through our unique experiences by engaging our influential audience with campaigns they love.
Our mission is to create meaningful experiences for a premium creative audience through our campaigns. Our in-house creative agency will be an important sidekick, to elevate advertising to the level we require.
To continue to fulfil that mission, this position requires a blend of strong sales and interpersonal , entrepreneurial and creative skills. Most importantly, we look for individuals with a passion for advertising, sales and delivering results for clients.
This is an important hire for WeTransfer. Thanks to our rapid growth in the North American, LATAM and APAC markets, the position is based from either our New York or LA office and will be part of our US based team.
Who are we looking for?
WeTransfer is looking for a strong, advertising professional to help sell our unique solutions to major brand advertisers, directly to clients or through agencies.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of brand advertising with experience in advertising sales or previous experience at an agency specifically in the US, LATAM and/or APAC market. Ideally this person will have knowledge of both the advertising industry coupled with previous sales or buying experience at a major brand or agency focused on the global market.
You will be based in either our Los Angeles or New York office. We are seeking someone who can build strong relationships and execute on our business strategy while operating independently.
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of the international advertising market, incl. stakeholders, agency and agency dynamics and top tier brand needs.
- Deep understanding of the markets, countries and players globally.
- Proven track record in delivering strong financial results, top-line revenue and growth strategies.
- Previous experience pitching, presenting to and influencing top level decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Experience supporting the execution of account growth strategy and action plans as part of a team.
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Self starter who can run their own outreach, negotiations, and help close complex deals.
- Excellent communication skills. A listener, a sharer, a persuader.
- 3-5 years experience in a media sales or similar role
- Proven track record of closing sales, deals or similar digital media buying responsibilities
- Experience, connections and understanding of international markets a plus
- Project management experience and seeing projects through to completion with minimal direction and high attention to detail
- Working with media agencies and direct with brands leading proposal development, pitches and closing deals a plus
A little something about us, written by us: