Senior Data Engineer
Data & Analytics /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics organisation. You’ll be joining a team of data- and analytics engineers responsible for the data infrastructure with pipelines and analytics tools, as well as our core data model. We are evolving our data stack, adding new services, improving the reliability of exiting ones, and deprecating what is no longer useful.
Our current data stack makes use of Airflow, dbt, JupyterHub, Redshift, Fivetran and other tools.
What you'll be working on:
- Evolve our data architecture, assisting the team to build the solution that best fit our problems.
- Design reliable data ingestion and transform pipelines that can handle large data volumes.
- Build and maintain our observability data stack, so data is delivered accurately and on time.
- Collaborate with a diverse team, developing best practices, sharing knowledge and making sure we're building the right services.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience designing data-intensive applications.
- Fluent in python and SQL.
- Extensive knowledge in data warehouse/lake technologies like Redshift, Snowflake, Delta Lake, Presto, etc.
- Familiarity with ETL/ELT best practices.
- Exposure to kubernetes and docker.
- Hands-on experience with orchestration tools, like Airflow, and streaming processing frameworks, like Kafka, is a plus.
- Experience from running a large-scale operation in the cloud, preferably AWS.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.