Senior Analytics/ Data Engineer
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by many—from our moms to your favorite artists. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer to join our Data and Analytics organisation. You’ll be joining a team of data- and analytics engineers responsible for the data infrastructure with pipelines and analytics tools, as well as a core data model that is the center of company-wide analytics. You will drive the data architecture from tracking to the data mart, as well as design the infrastructure to support it.
Should we build our DWH according to old-school Kimball, or are we better served with a data vault combined with the best ideas from the star schema?
How do we optimize our data model when implemented on Redshift?
Does it answer the most common questions from the business in the right way?
These are the type of architectural decisions you will be making, and you are expected to coach more junior members of the Data and Analytics organisation, and drive the data modelling agenda across WeTransfer. What you decide will have a great impact on a large number of people in the organisation as we move towards a distributed self-service oriented setup.
- Build and maintain infrastructure for data
- Take an architectural approach and drive improvements in the end to end analytics process
- Team up with backend developers across the business to solve complex problems
- Mentor junior engineers and be a beacon of WGLL
What we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience from working with data engineering in a data-driven company
- Extensive programming background in python or similar language
- Deep knowledge of data modeling and ETL/ELT
- Strong SQL skills
- The ability to transform business questions into tracking requirements
- Experience from running a large-scale operation in the cloud, preferably AWS
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: