IT Services Engineer
Internal IT /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the IT Services team
At the facilitating core of our organization is the IT Services team, providing a foundation for all teams and to help our employees work seamlessly together. They make sure everyone has the hardware and software tools available that make us so much more effective in our jobs.
In the coming year the focus of the team will be on helping the organization to scale up by enhancing automation, further determining the application landscape and renewing our office infrastructure. Together with the Security team, they will work on extending control over all company supplied equipment and software. Next to that, IT Services will continue to supply the organization with everything they need to work together and to bridge the timezones and geographic distances between the teams. IT Services supports all employees across 4 offices in 3 countries.
One of our company values is “We enable” and IT Services couldn’t be a better example of embodying that value.
What you'll be doing
As an IT Services Engineer you’ll be joining the IT Services team. Because the team is small this means you will be involved in almost every part of the work we do.
Day to day tasks may vary from setting up new equipment, onboarding new hires and helping people out with everyday challenges of computer usage, to managing rules in our Apple management tooling, performing network maintenance and providing audio/video support during scheduled events.
Next to these daily tasks we are continuously working to improve our processes in order to stay future-proof and keep track of the fast growing company. We do this by building on our automation and mapping out our application and infrastructure landscape. Also IT Services plays an important part in maintaining our Security posture by contributing to the operational work for the Security team.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a helpful, tech savvy person who would like to work for a fast growing, post startup company. You aren’t scared to experiment with new techniques and find joy in looking for new solutions to help us improve our services. It would help a lot if you have previous experience in the automation of processes, like implementing Single Sign On, automating onboarding and offboarding processes or setting up an MDM solution.
You are an advanced macOS user, but you’re no stranger to Windows and/or Linux either. You’ve also handled handheld devices like smartphones and tablets. Experience in working with Google Workspace, Jamf, the Atlassian Suite and some shell or API scripting as well as experience in working with audio/video and conferencing equipment would be awesome! Networking skills would come in handy too, next to experience with a range of other networked office equipment. Working in Slack and ticketing software to organise your work doesn’t scare you and you just as easily pick up the phone to contact one of our suppliers. Most importantly you’re not afraid to pick up whatever OS or technology is needed to answer to the business needs or solve a problem.
To sum it up, you need to have:
- Multiple years of hands-on experience in IT workplace management, in organisations of at least 50 people. Preferably with experience in process improvement and automation.
- A deep understanding of macOS, Apple hardware and Google Workspace. Bonus points if you have experience in the administration of Windows and/or Linux workplaces.
- A basic understanding of networking and audio/video equipment is required. But we’d love it if you happen to be an expert in professional networking hardware or have extensive experience setting up complete video conferencing solutions.
- Ample knowledge on supporting smartphones and other handheld devices (Apple, Android and Windows).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
You as a person:
- Are excited to enable others, and eager to understand their problems.
- Are optimistic, with a can-do attitude. Instead of saying something won’t work, you’ll ask how we can make it work.
- Embrace diversity. Our products are used by all kinds of amazing people, from all over the world. We actively look to have the wonderful diversity of all the people that use our products reflected in our teams.
- Are flexible. WeTransfer has offices in Amsterdam, London, Los Angeles and New York. Wherever necessary, we'll need you to find the time to collaborate together.
- Bonus points if you’ve been part of a fast-growing company and are comfortable with the ambiguity that comes with it.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.