Senior Product Manager (NYC/East Coast Remote)
New York /
Product Management /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by many—from our moms to your favorite artists. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Join product and design leaders in developing the vision for the future of WeTransfer’s namesake—internally known as the Transfer product.
The Transfer product team is responsible for building on the success of our widely beloved file delivery service used by hundreds of millions of people each year. Our unique business combines a productivity tool with an award winning advertising platform showcasing highly designed promotional wallpapers developed in-house by a dedicated studio. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting stage of new development as we build the next evolution of our service. The Transfer product is the highest impact product for our business.
You’ll have the opportunity to help shape our engineering and product strategy at a critical phase, laying down the foundation for our next chapter of growth. We’re looking for someone with a rare combination of skills, an appreciation for design, and a passion for building high quality products.
We strive to maintain a culture of kindness and inclusivity. Our team represents a variety of cultural backgrounds—open and clear communication is a priority. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great products. As a Product Manager at WeTransfer, you’ll play a key role in fostering collaboration and creating an environment where people can do their best work.
What you'll do:
- Prioritize and manage the roadmap based on a wide range of inputs.
- Develop deep knowledge of the problems you’re addressing for customers. Articulate and frame those problems as opportunities for your team.
- Think big and collaborate with your team to imagine innovative solutions.
- Evaluate the impact of the things your team ships to customers.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do great work.
What we’re looking for:
- Multiple years of experience building a strategy and then executing on it.
- You are comfortable leading and influencing a team without being their direct manager.
- You have launched and grown products in the past.
- You are comfortable in the entire development cycle: from envisioning a situation different from the status quo, to articulating a path to achieve that vision, to the detailed nitty gritty of a release crunch.
- You have a strong affinity and curiosity for product engineering.
- You balance qualitative and quantitative research to validate your assumptions.
- You are self-motivated, humble, and eager to contribute to our dent in the universe.
- You are not precious about ideas, are naturally curious and look to users insights for guidance on decisions.
- You are self-driven and can manage change. You love to put things in motion and love the responsibility that comes with it.
- Appreciate the art of simple and beautiful user experiences.
- You have had enough experience to demonstrate successes, failures and learnings.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: