Junior Account Manager US (NY or LA)
New York /
Sales & Advertising – Account Management /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
People don’t hate advertising, they hate bad advertising!
We built WeTransfer to provide an elegant experience for people who want a trustworthy and hassle-free way of transferring files. When we first decided that a platform should have non-traditional advertising, people thought we were crazy. We could have plastered our pages with annoying, intrusive banners and hit the jackpot, in the short term. But we took the long road instead, our service is now not just about sharing files, it’s about sharing experiences and creativity.
We curate and design genuinely attractive advertising to build better relationships with our users, and lasting value for our clients. This is served alongside full screen imagery from some of the world’s most exciting creative talent. By partnering with forward-thinking brands and exciting creative-minds we are able to deliver beautiful and relevant content whether it’s from brands or creators.
This user-centric, creatively driven, approach has enabled WeTransfer to build a unique digital advertising proposition. Widely considered the best brand building platform online, particularly for brands seeking to reach a professional creative audience.
If this resonates with you, read on.
We don't do banners. We do billboards!
We built WeTransfer to provide an elegant experience for people who want a trustworthy and hassle-free way of transferring files. When we first decided that a platform should have ‘non-traditional’ advertising, people thought we were crazy (some still do!). We could have plastered our pages with annoying, intrusive banners and hit the jackpot. But we took the long road instead, our service is now not just about sharing files, it’s about sharing experiences and creativity.
WeTransfer, we use ‘native content’ to build better relationships with our users. By partnering with some of the world’s most recognised brands and exciting creative-minds we are able to deliver beautiful and relevant content whether it’s paid for or not. They add relevance, experience and creativity to our platform. We’ve established a community that brands can legitimately be a part of, and that’s something no click through can buy.
To continue to fulfil our mission, success in this position requires a blend of strong account, entrepreneurial and creative skills, and the passion and confidence to turn bold, unique ideas into reality. This is an important hire for WeTransfer, thanks to our rapid growth in the US market. The Junior Account Manager position is based from either our New York or LA office.
About the role
- You'll be responsible for onboarding, nurturing and growing WeTransfer’s newest advertising clients in both the US and APAC/LATAM regions.
- You will be a natural ambassador for WeTransfer’s creative values, and will work with the Sales leads in the US to onboard new clients and to deliver a smooth & positive campaign experience, ensuring that these clients return to WeTransfer year on year. You will also work productively with our creative Studio team, from designers to developers, to ensure that all content produced meets our high standards, as well as exceeding your client’s expectations.
- We are looking for someone who can handle multiple projects simultaneously and is capable of maintaining oversight and structure. You know what it takes to make a client happy and you are calm & collected when working against tight deadlines. We work with the world's best brands but feel like we only got started. If you think beyond what's necessary, have a high intellectual curiosity and hunger to learn in a fast paced environment, then we're looking for you.
- 2+ years of experience in Digital Media, Marketing and/or Online Sales (Media agency or Creative agency experience is a bonus)
- A basic understanding of the Digital Media Landscape
- Analytical skills and an ability to translate numbers & client objectives into a creative brief
- Experience working with brands and agencies directly
- Spanish language skills are a bonus
- You are based in New York or LA
You also have:
- Great relationship & communication skills, ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a team
- An independent attitude. Comfortable with taking ownership and initiative, including proactively working on own projects
- Project management capabilities, with experience in completing projects with minimal direction and high attention to detail
- A global mindset. WeTransfer has a global sales team (Amsterdam, London, New York, L.A.) and you will need to work across time zones and be open to occasionally travel for work
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility. You can work under pressure, are a natural multitasker and can work with tight deadlines
A little something about us, written by us: