Creative Studio – Design /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
The Creative Studio is our in-house creative agency which oversees everything we put out into the world. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising and editorial teams. Together we help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
About the role
WeTransfer stands for freedom, creativity, simplicity, and humanity. As a member of the studio’s Brand Design Team, it is your responsibility to make sure we inspire and reflect that wherever WeTransfer shows up.
This role provides you with the opportunity to build and improve WeTransfer’s motion language. As an all-round motion designer, you’ll work across the board, from concept development to delivering high-quality assets that support our brand across the board. Our team collaborates closely with Product, Marketing, and Editorial teams, which makes for a wide range of different projects.
In your role you will:
- Help to define how motion design can be an integral part of WeTransfer’s language
- Develop concepts for new projects that involve motion
- Create guidelines, and guide the output of external creatives that we collaborate with with
- Produce motion assets for social channels, reels, product launch videos, etc.
- Occasionally supporting other departments with motion needs, like the AdCreation team with advertising and our own wallpapers, and Product teams with motion in UI
- Design with a mindset to make our output be a creative beacon within the community
What we’re looking for:
- Several years of experience working on commercial motion work
- Agency or full-time freelance experience—fast-paced, handling multiple projects for multiple clients at once
- Driven to initiate personal projects for play, exploration, and personal growth
- Creatively opinionated, but flexible and adaptable to client needs
- Eye and passion for detail
- Expert in 2D animation (with AE as the tool of choice)
- Proficient skills in video editing
- Experience animating for interactive environments (e.g. using Lottie)
- Interested or experienced in 3D animation
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Natural collaborator
- Structured working process and you can handle tight deadlines and pressure
- Always looking for new ways to tell a story—innovating and pushing boundaries
- Actively engaged with what’s happening in the world to share the best inspiration and examples of our craft with the team
- Given the current team is based in Amsterdam, it would be most practical to be based there as well, or willing to relocate. However, with the global pandemic, we have taken in a mostly distributed way of working. This has worked well and we are open to welcome permanently remote members to the team. Please note that we will need you to be based in a time zone that has a good overlap with Amsterdam working hours.
- A portfolio that speaks volumes about your talent, skills and experience
- Exceptional team and communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
A little something about us: