Operations – Legal /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
From our website to mobile applications till our content platform, we are challenged with new questions every single day. It is our responsibility to apply a pragmatic, creative, and thoughtful approach when providing legal advice to our product teams.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Take ownership and accountability for reviewing, drafting and managing a wide range of commercial agreements, with advertising, technology, content licensing and/or IP focus.
- Continuously improve and manage WeTransfer’s standard agreements and legal terms (such as the Terms of Service, NDA and WeTransfer Terms) to help WeTransfer scale globally with a consistent and relevant approach.
- Ensure the correct use and maintenance of WeTransfer’s contract management system.
- Take ownership and accountability for company’s compliance matters.
- Work closely with all departments and teams to guide and advise them on the legal aspects of different initiatives and international/cross-departmental projects. Communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively and help them to work within the legal frameworks in developing the business strategies.
- Take ownership and accountability for projects appointed to the Legal Counsel and make sure that the appropriate stakeholders are engaged and prove rigorous follow up and iteration.
- Assist the General Counsel where necessary.
Here’s What We're After:
- 5 - 7 years work experience as Dutch qualified lawyer in a top tier law firm and/or as inhouse legal counsel
- Proven track record in contract law (preferably experience with sales, IT and/or IP) and compliance
- Additional knowledge of employment law or corporate law is a plus
- Fluent written and oral communications skills in Dutch and English
- Hands-on attitude and the ability to test and critically review and read data
- Demonstrated proactivity and aptness at prioritising tasks
- Negotiation skills
- Adjusts message to the audience and communicates clearly
- Finds the right balance between business/commercial and legal interests
- Keeps up with trends to foster legal expertise
- Manages stakeholders actively
- Acts with integrity
- Provides useful, actionable feedback
Please attach a motivational letter with your resume to your application.
A little something about us, written by us