Senior Digital Designer
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 87 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists.
As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit. The Creative Studio is our in-house creative agency which oversees everything we put out into the world. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising and editorial teams. Together we help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
The Creative Studio is WeTransfer’s in-house agency which oversees all things creative that we put out into the world. We foster an entrepreneurial yet supportive environment where design defines us, ideas can come from anywhere, and execution is everything. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising, editorial, and sales teams to help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
As a Senior Digital Designer you’ll be part of our diverse, fast-paced advertising studio team. You'll be working alongside a talented team of designers and developers to bring digital interactive ad experiences to life.You'll lead the crafting and execution of a wide range of digital projects and frequently collaborate with our brand, marketing and editorial teams. Working in the Advertising Studio means you'll collaborate with top tier brands on leading campaigns, all while helping shape the evolution of advertising at WeTransfer.
Day to day you’ll be working on any number of tasks from translating existing brand campaigns into engaging digital advertisements on our transfer platform and beyond, creating wireframes, lo-fi, and hi-fi mocks for branded content projects, leading the concept and ideation of campaign advertising concepts, working with account managers and sales managers on leading creative pitches and campaigns, to designing mockups or prototypes for digital projects.
You have strong communication skills and have no trouble jumping from a client call talking technical details to a design review where you’ll be providing creative guidance and leadership to the team. You have impeccable design skills, a passion for art & technology, and always actively scanning the web for the latest design trends. You’re naturally a strategic thinker and someone who is always looking to extend the boundaries of what’s possible in digital design.
What you will be doing:
- Lead pitches and craft presentations with supporting design concepts and mockups (static and animated)
- Facilitate collaboration with our diverse team of designers and developers
- Present designs to clients as well as field technical questions during client onboarding calls
- Provide hands on guidance to the team - whether it's about an interaction, wireframe or visual design - to ensure each project meets our creative guidelines and maintains a high degree of quality and innovation
- Mentor and lead Junior and Mid Designers that work alongside you on projects and provide constructive creative feedback
- Foster a collaborative, creative and inclusive learning environment
- Take ownership of internal initiatives that help inspire the team and streamline processes
- Foster strong and collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years experience leading and designing high end digital interactive projects
- User experience design
- Experience working in a fast paced agency environment
- Strong skills in UI visual design using industry standard design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- An eye and passion for details
- Ability to work autonomously
- Inspire, lead and manage junior and mid weight designers
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders. Strong English skills are essential (both written and spoken).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and be flexible and adaptable to client needs
- Understands and designs for motion (interactions, transitions and micro animations)
- Actively scans the web for the best of the best inspiration and examples of our craft and shares your exciting finds with the team
- Ability to manage uncertainty and enjoys solving undefined problems
- A portfolio that speaks volumes about your talent, skills and experience
- Based in AMS or willing to relocate
- The ability to bring your designs to life using animations, transitions, micro-interactions in After Effects
- A pro when it comes to Figma interactive prototyping
- An understanding of front end web development (HTML, CSS, JS
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: