Senior FullStack Engineer - Auth & Billing
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
⚠️ Please don’t mind of the location, we can hire pretty much everywhere
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our Auth & Billing team. You'll be joining a team of identity and subscription enthusiasts responsible for our shared authentication system as well as our subscription and payment services. You will drive the implementation of a unified user experience in these areas across our products and help build the foundation for our bundle subscription offering.
About Auth & Billing
Our team builds the unified identity and billing layers for our product portfolio. We enable effortless payment for our subscription offerings and a cross-product authentication experience (think Single Sign-On). These services are at the heart of our products and the starting point for current and future integrations.
With that, the team plays a central role in many key product development initiatives at WeTransfer. We routinely collaborate with teams across the company and celebrate shared learnings and successes. Our work has immediate impact on millions of users, so we are dedicated to iterate and learn while building, and run a smooth operation together with our heroes from the user support team.
About our workflow
We believe that software is gardening. Software development is as much about creating as it is about keeping the thing you created healthy. As a team, we stand collectively for what we created and ever growing it into something our users love and use. We trust each other to make good decisions, but also to make mistakes and learn from them.
We prefer to work with people that understand that tools are just tools, not the main goal, and can find the most suitable solution for any given problem. We also think that quality is a must, and we set the bar pretty high, but a pragmatic approach is preferred over an over-engineered solution. Making our users happy is our best quality metric.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to convert feature ideas into workable solutions
- Work with other teams and engineers to understand their needs and challenges
- Design, build, and operate resilient and scalable services in a multidisciplinary team
- Review teammates' code honestly and respectfully
Qualities we're looking for
- Value open and honest communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision
- Passionate learner, loves to share their knowledge and experience, and who isn't afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience
- Strong backend and API development skills (we use Typescript/Node, and we’re starting to dip our toes into GraphQL)
- Comfortable picking up front-end web development using Typescript/React/Redux where needed
- Familiar with common techniques and approaches to scaling a high-volume workload in a distributed services environment
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products
- Self-directed, investigative, highly responsible and working well in a team environment
- Experience implementing identity providers or OAuth flows is a plus
- Even better if you have experience integrating highly scalable authorization solutions
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.