Senior Product Designer (NYC or Remote EU)
New York /
Product Design – Paste /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by many—from our moms to your favorite artists. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Paste by WeTransfer is a next-generation slide-making tool for creative minds. It takes a fundamentally different approach to making decks: automated design features help you stay in the flow, focused on the real work, and unburdened from pixel-pushing layouts and formatting. Although positioned as a presentation tool, it’s much more than that—unlocking a visual way of working for individuals and visual collaboration for teams across web and mobile apps.
Paste differentiates through design. Design plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft holistic solutions, and work closely with some of the best design-minded engineers to bring them to life. Design is a peer to product, engineering, and growth—able to advocate for the best experience for our customers.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, researchers, and product leaders to identify areas of opportunity, break them down into solvable problems, and craft elegant solutions.
- Communicate the user experience throughout the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Own key aspects of the product development lifecycle, such as research, ideation, design, and prototyping.
- Understand the business requirements, user goals, and technical constraints that shape our product.
- Collaborate with other designers to develop and expand our product design system.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design team and the broader Paste product team.
- You have a portfolio that displays strong product and interaction design sensibilities, and are experienced in creating concepts, customer journeys, and prototyping ideas.
- Can lead and mentor others. Whether it's defining product goals, visualizing a potential future, or providing design guidance, you enjoy bringing clarity and highlighting opportunities for the team and product.
- You're proficient across the product design discipline: UX, UI, interaction, and visual design.
- Have the ability to ideate products from scratch and improve features, all while keeping our user's needs top of mind.
- Have an inquisitive attitude. You know how to approach complex problems, and should be comfortable with ambiguity and abstraction.
- You're skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to stakeholders and look for feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Have 5+ years of relevant design experience at a product-driven tech company.
- As a plus you have worked on web-based productivity and/or document creation tools.
Paste is a distributed team and strives for a remote-first culture. We have offices in Amsterdam, Los Angeles, and New York City, but currently all employees are working remotely due to COVID-19.
We’d love for you to get in touch if you’re committed to raise the bar in the creation of meaningful products, used by millions of people every day.
A little something about us
Today, 50 million people in 195 countries share ideas using WeTransfer. We are constantly developing new products, as well as rethinking what our current platforms can be, and can do.
Our founders originally worked in design, media and marketing; today we’re lucky to be working with the most creative minds in branding, sales, design, support and engineering.
We believe a diverse company is a better company. Whatever your story, we want to hear from you. Whatever your background, we’ll help you do your best work. All employees get an annual €1,000 personal development budget to learn new skills, or improve existing ones.
Our new Amsterdam office is located in an old chewing gum factory on the edge of the river Amstel. Our US teams are based in Venice (LA), Brooklyn (NYC) and South Lake Union (Seattle). With lunch, snacks and great coffee, we know how to keep our teams properly fuelled. Our culture team designs a program of outings, speakers, workshops and fitness classes to get a good work-life balance