Senior Studio Traffic Manager
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists.
As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit. The Creative Studio is our in-house creative agency which oversees everything we put out into the world. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising and editorial teams. Together we help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
For any of these projects to happen, we need to be a well-oiled studio, held together by a Senior Studio Traffic Manager who is driven by efficiency and dedication. You’ll oversee the planning, resourcing and deliverables of a busy studio (30-40 people) and client teams (AdSales, Marketing, PR and Product) in Los Angeles, New York and Amsterdam, In other words: you’ll be the Studio’s gatekeeper. You understand the specific skill sets involved in creative and production processes for digital, you will work with designers, developers, copywriters and our project managers together to elevate WeTransfer to the next level. You have a strong work ethic and can speak fluent “creative”. You’ve had experience working in a range of creative teams and have brought your knowledge and experience to improve processes and workflow. You understand the pressures that come with working in an agency style environment and know how to delicately navigate difficult conversations with senior stakeholders. Maybe you’ve even once said that “problems are only challenges waiting to be solved”. When faced with unpredictable deadlines, you are patient, make thoughtful decisions, and bring a good sense of humor. But above all, you take pride in the projects and quality of the work we are doing.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a complete overview all projects and resources within the Studio by:
- Daily monitoring and assessment of studio capacity and workload against delivery timelines in order to effectively allocate tasks
- across the team and ensure work is assigned in a healthy cadence (avoiding too many deadlines for creatives)
- Working alongside studio producers and project managers to review project timelines against resourcing availability
- Connecting daily with key stakeholders from client teams
- Forecasting resourcing needs and identifying over or under capacity
- Ensure projects flow efficiently through the Studio from the initial brief to completion of a project
- Analyse studio workflow and resources and identify and flag when we may need more skills or resources
- Expose and proactively rectify bottlenecks in the production workflow with key stakeholdersAllocate projects to designers and developers
- Set up tooling and processes that allow the Studio to better anticipate on the needs of our clients
- Provide timely insights, reports and recommendations on resource allocations, utilisation and capacity
- Provide input to SLAs and studio project management processes
- Source and onboard freelancers and third party production companies, etc
What you bring to the table
- 7-10 years experience as a Traffic Manager
- A digital background, ideally from the agency world
- Mastery with standard project management procedures and tools
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and natural multi-tasker
- The ability to work fully independently and proactive finding solutions
- A positive and proactive attitude along with the ability to enforce deadlines
- Excellent skills in data analysis and reporting
- Someone with a passion for digital media
- Excellent English is a must-have
- Even better if you have knowledge of the creative suite
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: