Director of Product Data Analytics
Data analytics /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
We are looking for a Director of Product Data Analytics who will lead a team of data analysts to help accelerate the growth of Wetransfer’s Subscription business. You’ll be responsible for leading the product analytics team, helping shape the analytics roadmap and collaborating with product teams across Amsterdam, Seattle and Los Angeles to drive organisation-wide projects to improve our analytics capability to unlock a more data-centric approach to decision making.
You’ll be involved with everything from data source to presentation to the business on how to operationalise the insights. Be it fundamental design of the company’s data model, performing deep dive analysis, creating dashboards, conducting research to answer complex questions or supporting the team in developing their technical skills. Next to that, as a people manager, you will help the talent in your team to reach both their personal and organisational goals. You will outline clear and transparent objectives to ensure that the team knows what is expected of them. You will monitor progress and objectives, you’ll ensure general well-being, and identify areas of development and growth.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and motivate a team of highly skilled individuals and identify how and when to add talent to your team based on needs and opportunities
- Identify and manage priorities across product experiments, model improvements, deep dives, and data requests, and form the bridge between these stakeholders and the team
- Oversee and prioritise the execution and quality of ad-hoc analytics projects, core activities, and individual responsibilities within the team
- Improving both technical and non-technical work processes, including improving cross-team communication and work processes, particularly with Data Engineers
- Be part of the data leadership team to form the company analytics strategy
- Lead by example in embracing our company values and preserving our culture
What you bring to the table:
- 7-10 years hands-on experience from working with data analytics in a data-driven company
- 5+ years of Management experience
- Experience working cross-functionally, using data to improve our understanding of our user base and to develop new products and features
- The ability to transform business questions into data requirements
- Ability to perform analytics tasks, summarise these, and report findings
- Experience with SQL, Python or R, statistics and data modeling
- An experimental mindset, confidence in the power of experimenting/ testing, and having experience with running/analysing multiple experiments
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.