Senior Creative Developer - React
New York /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 87 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists.
As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit. The Creative Studio is our in-house creative agency which oversees everything we put out into the world. Our team of designers, developers and project managers work closely with our product, marketing, advertising and editorial teams. Together we help design, plan and publish projects that capture the imaginations of millions of users and our global audience.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the role
The Studio is looking for a Sr. Creative React Developer to be part of our fast-paced, collaborative development team. You’ll work on a wide range of projects from commercial campaigns to internal initiatives, where you’ll help the Studio maintain our high standards, as well as help us build out a robust and best in class internal team. You’ll work on a wide range of creative projects from commercial campaigns to internal initiatives, and you’ll help the Studio maintain our high standards on projects like rich interactives, microsites, games, experimental art, and our own arts platform, WePresent.
With at least five years of experience in frontend development, you have an eye for design and a knack for adding flair with animation and interaction, and a portfolio to prove it. You challenge your left brain by exploring the latest in frontend (like WebGL and 3D), and your right brain with confidence in design apps and an attention to visual detail. You’re capable of pushing creative boundaries and suggesting daring ideas, while versatile enough to adapt to a broad range of challenges.
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Confidence working with frontend code and development
- Experience with Contentful including GraphQL, CDA/CMA API and content modelling - experience with Contentful migration scripts is a plus
- Experience with Isomorphic web apps
- Writes clean, human-readable JS/HTML/SCSS
- A good understanding of motion and interaction
- No conflicts with using git
- Experience with Svelte is a plus
- Skilled with Adobe CC apps and Sketch/Figma
- Experience or interest in WebGL, 3D rendering, or generative art
- Able to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
Even better if you have:
- Video editing skills
- Experience or interest in maintaining code bases, documentation, best practices
If available, please provide a link to a personal portfolio in addition to a CV.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: