Commercial Finance Manager - Marketing
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by many—from our moms to your favorite artists. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the role:
We're looking for someone with extensive experience as a recognized and successful commercial finance leader to lead the strategic and operational aspect of the marketing function. You will partner closely with the business leaders to understand marketing investment drivers and commercial challenges, translating them into insights to ensure we are investing profitably and unlocking commercial value for WeTransfer.
You will have complete ownership and accountability over all aspects of commercial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, month end reporting of financial and non-financial metrics for the marketing function.
- Taking a data driven approach to analyze and advice on all strategic and operational aspects of the marketing function (how, what, when and why spend).
- Develop a performance tracking framework to benchmark and understand the effectiveness of campaigns (CAC vs LTV) and the return on investment. Using this framework to derive insights to drive performance.
- Establish credibility by being a trusted business partner and designing commercial and impactful solutions and providing supportive challenge.
- Translate financial and non-financial marketing KPIs into actionable operating plans in driving the subscription and advertising businesses forward.
- Stay on top of market trends, competitors to find opportunities whilst mitigating risks.
- Responsible for annual budget, quarterly rolling forecast and latest estimate.
- Responsible for monthly management reporting package.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance (Preferably enhanced with a certification).
- 6-7 years related working experience in FP&A and business partnering (Preferably with the marketing function).
- Advanced excel skill and experience in building robust financial models.
- Developing professional presentations and advanced graph building skills.
- Provide routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and actionable insights.
- Familiarity with various ERP systems and BI tools (bonus points for SQL).
- Preferably experience in a scale-up environment and understands marketing operations.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers of marketing investment and how it impacts revenue.
- Strong business partnering experience, plus ability to deliver and handle change in a fast paced tech company would be beneficial.
- Takes ownership and accountability of business performance.
- Able to present complex issues in clear, simple language.
- Collaborative in building robust relationships with all stakeholders.
- Able to maintain quality work and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Knows how to find the root cause of problems and be part of the solution.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: