HR Business Partner
People & Development /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the team
Our People and Development team’s mission is to enable and grow a united organization to let the people at WeTransfer be the most impactful they can be. From employee experience to recruitment to HR operations, we are challenged with new questions every single day. How many feedback moments per year is the right amount? How can we support our employees working remotely? We make sure that our managers and teams are supported throughout the entire employee journey. And that’s where you’ll come in.
We’re looking for an HR Business Partner to support our Finance, Legal, and HR departments within our fast-growing organization. You’ll be the trusted advisor for managers and employees on all employment-related questions. You’ll work closely with the HR Ops team, as well as members of the Employee Experience, Recruiting and Compensation & Benefits teams. You’ll also own your own projects from the HR delivery roadmap and collaborate with the team to build and implement best-in-class company programs.
More exactly you will:
- Own the HR relationship for the corporate side of our business (+/-100 employees) to support, develop and retain employees.
- Autonomously coach managers and leaders in your respective business units on a variety of people-related topics (performance enablement, organizational design, management techniques, diversity)
- Partner with the HR team to create and execute strategies, projects and processes that enable WeTransfer’s employees to do their best work (and may involve consultation of the Works Council)
- Provide insight to the business by using HR data regarding succession, retention trends, engagement, development, performance, diversity & inclusion etc.
- Be responsible for the sick leave case management within your BU as well as make sure that WeTransfer is compliant with the Dutch (UK/ US where applicable) Health & Safety rules and regulations.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Self-sufficiently bear end-to-end responsibility on all HR topics (we think that’ll take 6+ years of progressive HR experience in a Tech environment).
- Be a sparring partner for senior management; someone who isn’t afraid to speak up and constructively challenge managers while also being open to new perspectives.
- Have knowledge of employment law in one (or more) of the following countries: NL, USA, UK
- Switch between operational, tactical and strategic HR initiatives.
- Deal with an ever-changing, fast-growing environment.
- Scope and execute projects.
Extra points if you have experience with any of the below:
- Performance management
- Reporting and data analysis
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.