Information Security Specialist (EMEA/East Coast Remote)
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Information Security Specialist at WeTransfer
At WeTransfer we are trusted everyday by millions of people with their professional, creative and personal content. We focus on making 'beautifully obvious' products, and our goal is to bring 'beautifully secure' to life as well. Security should not come at the expense of user experience, rather it is an integral part of keeping our users in their flow, creating comfortably in the knowledge that their hard work is well protected.
As an Information Security Specialist at WeTransfer you will be part of the team that is responsible for helping to build a persistent, positive, and most of all sustainable security culture. We believe in a security culture that is less about jumping down people's throats than it is teaching them how to improve. You will perform a key role in our security efforts on compliance, practical and awareness level.
What you’ll be doing
You will work on key projects and initiatives throughout the organization and you will collaborate closely with stakeholders across teams. You will have to coordinate with colleagues across the organization to drive an effective implementation of our security standards and guidelines by providing fit for purpose security recommendations.
Our approach is that we do not want to just tick the box but to gain knowledge by following security best practices and embed security in our mentality. We aim to balance the stiffness of security standards with the creative way of working that WeTransfer has.
Amongst other things, you will:
- Work closely with Counter Abuse, Application Security, IT and Privacy teams
- Drive our efforts in pursuing Information Security certifications
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team on risk management
- Work on cultivating a security mentality across the organization
- Raise security awareness
- Organise and manage security trainings
- Advise and educate stakeholders on risks and recommendations role related competencies
What we are looking for:
- Solid knowledge of ISO27001 and SOC2 standards
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing IT Security policies
- Experience with InfoSec audits, risk assessment and risk management, governance and compliance
- Ability to lead complex projects and establish collaborative relationships with different teams
- Deep technical knowledge of security concepts and understanding of complex IT systems
- It's a plus is you hold a CISSP, CISM or comparable certification
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us:
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.