Senior FullStack Engineer - DMX
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
This role will be at the core of WeTransfer and you will be working on cross functional programs. You'll accelerate innovation by developing the core product and platform capabilities that will fuel the growth. You will build new architecture as well as enhance existing one to make it your own. You will be working closely with product , cross functional engineering teams and senior leadership teams.
What you'll bring
- 7+ years total experience delivering enterprise class applications
- Solid foundation in writing scalable application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the and mobile
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Application design and testing experience
- We use Ruby and Go, experience on these languages is welcome but not mandatory
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experience with Relational Database Design and Implementation
- Experience in open source UI frameworks
- Interest in building CI/CD pipelinesDesired
- Practical experience in developing applications using microservices, container technologies, container management systems such as , docker etc
- Strong experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Prior working experience in utility computing and/or cloud computing domain
- Experience building and deploying applications and into cloud environments
How you will lead
- Write scalable application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation.
- Hands on development. Write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance.
- Builds effective internal and external relationships that are essential to delivering a quality software product or service
- Stay aware of industry trends and make technology choices and strategic decisions.
- Subject matter expert on technologies. Ability to take a vague customer problem and solve it end to end with accountability.
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work with global teams across time zones
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- Experience delivering results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships
- Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives)
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.