Senior FP&A Analyst (Freelance)
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
WeTransfer is looking for a dynamic, creative and resourceful Freelance Senior FP&A Analyst to support our team. We want someone that is a self-starter, has a hands on approach and is a team player who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Freelance Senior FP&A Analyst will report to the Senior Director FP&A and cross functionally to the Senior Director Commercial Finance. The position will be responsible for all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis including but not limited to forecasting, budgeting, financial modelling and variance analysis. This role requires a lot of accuracy and an eye for detail.
This freelance position is for a minimum of 6 months
What you will be doing
- Create and maintain forecasting/budgeting P&L, and cash flow models, as well as the development of financial models to address business needs.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management presentations/reporting packages, performing variance analysis, and surfacing key messages to senior stakeholders.
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics that impact the business.
- Identify and act on opportunities to automate, streamline and improve reporting, analysis, and budgeting procedures.
- Manage the identification of trends, opportunities, and risks to inform management decisions.
- Partner across the finance team and cross-functionally across the business to ensure alignment on priorities and direction.
- Support day-to-day operations within the broader finance functionProvide cost/benefit analysis of various financial elements of potential new initiatives.
- Ad-hoc analyses as needed.
What we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 6-7 years relevant experience in corporate finance, accounting or financial planning & analysis.
- Advanced excel skill and experience in building robust financial models.
- Strong critical thinking skills and understanding of budgeting, planning and projection processes.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Meets and manages deadlines effectively.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude.
- Familiarity with various ERP systems and BI tools (bonus points for SQL).
- Proactive team player with a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: