Senior Fullstack Engineer - Studio
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the role
The Studio is looking for a Sr. Developer to be part of our fast-paced, collaborative development team. You’ll help support the team by building and maintaining tooling that touches the entire lifecycle of our award-winning advertising, from a CLI toolkit and a frontend UI for building, bundlers and build tools for deployment, and reporting and metrics after campaigns have run.
The team works on a wide range of creative projects from commercial campaigns to internal initiatives, and you’ll help the Studio maintain our high standards on projects like rich interactives, microsites, games, experimental art, and our own arts platform, WePresent.
With at least five years of experience in fullstack development, you love solving problems and documenting those solutions. You don’t just know your way around the terminal but enjoy building and optimizing CLI tools. You’re opinionated enough to keep a codebase to a high standard, while flexible enough to allow collaboration with other developers on bigger projects. You have no problem maintaining reusable project libraries, modules, bundlers and build tools to help the creative development team scaffold projects so they can be more productive.
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Confidence working with frontend code and development
- Skilled working with NodeJS
- Able to build and maintain CLI tools
- Ability to maintain the quality of a reusable project libraries and modules
- Deep knowledge bundlers and build tools
- Can write clean, human-readable JS/HTML/scss
- No conflicts with using git
- Experience with js frameworks like React, Vue, or Svelte
- Able to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
Even better if you have
- Experience with S3
- A creative eye and experience with animation/ui is a bonus as these tools may also have a UI component
- If available, please provide a link to a personal portfolio in addition to a CV.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.